Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
 Today I went riding with friends, went over lots of bumps and bent the right hand trailing arm.  My sled is brand new with about 250 miles, should Yamaha cover this fix?

Thanks in advance

Bill

·
Registered
287 Posts
I dought it. I bent mine on my2001 MM700 the second time out. The pro-action decal from Yamaha is $56.00! The arm was $168.00 They had to order it from Wisconsin. I think they are getting them from Centrel Snowmobile, They are also in Greenbay. They have them in there catalog for $66.00 I don't know if there painted or not, for $168.00 mine came painted. I bought mine from the dealer so it would look new & original, I plan to trade it in maybe next year so I can keep getting new sleds. Also the bushing in the arm that attaches to the sled frame has to be pressed in. I did that with my press, if you order the arm you have to order the bushing too unless you press it out of your old one. They only come with the zerk fitting, the bushings for the spindle don't come with it ethier. Those are a b*#$h to get out, they will come out but have patience,  I chipped the top one on mine but used it anyway. They are not pressed in but a tight fit. They don't give you NOTHING, everything is extra, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, good luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All
 I brought my sled to the dealer yesterday, they are going to fix it, and my sled insurance will pick up the bill, all but the $100.00 deductable.  
 And they told me if I had my sled on my homeowners policy, it would not cover repair's, only theft, fire and such.
  Glad I purchased a seperate sled policy.

Bill

·
Registered
287 Posts
cool, glad to hear they will fix it. I got my sled on my homeowners policy, They said it was covered if I totaled it. Expcept my deductable is $500. Also covers $30,000 property/100,000 bodily injury

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
looks like in the usa the insurance is not the same with motor vehicles as canada. we in canada have to have actual motor vehicle insurance for the sleds. if there is no insurance on the sled and it got stolen out of your living room even with home owners insurance the sled is a give away.  

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Paul,We have separate policies for the sleds during the season.Homeowners covers posessions in the house or garage.It covers fire,weather related,theft,act of God type things.My insurance writer is a freind,so maybe not everybody can get away with it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I would double check on the homeowners insurance. I work part time for an insurance co. just maintenence etc.. But they tell me "if it has an engine and is drivable it is not covered for fire theft etc... Kevin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts