Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my buddy's has or should i say had a 2002 xc sp 500 VES.  His motor siezed up solid.  It got so hot that it melted the VES caps right off of the pots and they fell in to the pan.  All this happened and the light did not come on until she stopped.  Any one else run into this.  Lucky it is warranty and a new engine is going in it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Often wondered why Polaris doesn't put temp. gauges on there sleds. Those lights come on , it ussually means, you just bought an engine....Guages aren't that expensive....

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 02' 600 xcsp, yesterday we rode in the am. Sled ran great,then started to bog as if fouling plugs,i canned it and hot light came on.  Was bone dry on coolant,filled it up with Brisk ice tea and some marsh water and go it to a dealer in eagle river. My coolant resavoir  cap was stripped and didint pressize. Also polaris knows they have cooling problems and they 1st put on a longer snow flap to keep more dust in the  tunnel or last resort install a additional rear heat exchanger. I will bet this is what happened to the 500,we looked at a showroom sled at the dealer and it had the cap stripped also.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is not really a matter of the engine going.  He already had the flap.  But what temp should the light come on.  It was to late in this situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts