Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have always run 600 cats but this year i bought a 800. So i was just wondering if any of u have some tips for me. i ride in New Brunswick Canada, where the highest elevation that i would run would be 1000 feet. I guess i do some lake running when the lakes freeze and there is not enough snow on the trials.
thanx any help woud be appreciatted

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey man, I live in NB too(Moncton). The first thing you wanna do to that sled is the clutches. Then studd it, I would use 192 1.250. Put a aftermarket can on it, you can choose from Black Magic, D&D, MBRP etc..... A good friend of mine had a ZR 800 efi last year and the thing rocked. He races arctic cat through the race program and he knows how to get them working. I am not much help because last year I had a 2002 Thundercat and this year I am riding a 2003 ZR 900 sno pro. Anyways, if you ever need a hand or some info. email me at [email protected]. Good luck :devil:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Hi Dawg,
I rode the same sled last season. It performed very well with 410 mains and a Goodwyn clutch kit. The stock clutching is very good but the Goodwyn stuff definately helped. Some have reported running 400 mains with no issue but I can not confirm.
Rick.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey ZR, how much do you think the Goodwin clutch kit got you over stock? Just bought a Goodwin kit for my ZR800 this year. Going to try it this weekend. :p

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
It wasn't a big improvement on my 02 but still well worth the money. If yours is an 01 you'll notice a huge improvement. Best part of their kits is that there seems to be no downside as with many of the kits on the market.
Enjoy
Rick.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Like with any cat, first get a clutch kit.

The 800's make lots of power but I don't know what AC was thinking for clutching.

My buddy has a stock ZR800 carb, and I can take him everytime on my ZR600 (re-clutched). However to be honest, we are pretty much neck and neck, I am in the lead of him till around 95 - 100, then he can over take me, but he needs a long lake to get by me. Goes to show what a good clutch can do.

Don's Speed Parts in Alberta can put together a good D&D kit. Give them a call, you won't be disappointed. In fact I just bought a kit from them for my ZR440. Can't wait to get it.

http://www.donsspeedparts.com/

newf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts