Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a few questions- we just bought a 02 Zr800 EFI CX a month ago
1. what is faster Carbed or EFI?
2. How long will it take it to get to top speed?
3. what studs would you recomened?
Thanks for taking time to answer/Read my questions.

-Andy

·
Registered
48 Posts
WOODY'S STUDS !!!! 192 kit stainless steel. Had great luck with them. I had them on my 97 T-cat, My 02 ZR800efi( don't know which is faster) Now I am putting them on my new ZR 900 this season, along with a 1.25 track. I will be a hookin mother F----R.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Keep the studs in the hundred sixty range for best hook,cornering , and track speed. 192 is to much weight for very minimal gain in traction on a trail sled. I'm sure many will say different but don't go with 192. I'm pretty sure they are both the same as far as acceleration at sea level but above that and the efi should make it better. Unless you jet it for your specific elevation and don't change elevations. It's a quick sled, I almost bought one last year myself. You won't be disappointed.
Caleb

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I dont know how long it will take you to get to top speed.......but it will make ya grin for sure. As for the faster of the two it depends on if the carb sled is jetted properly. I know [email protected] dynoed the two out of the box and the EFI had more hp. I know the mapping on the 02 800's was right on for EFI standards. www.ddracing.com check the teck board for the numbers.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I'm with Sleddog. I run 168. If I had it to do over again. I would do 144 down the middle. But that's just my style riding. I run Extreme's. They're cheap and 2 yr warrenty. Or maybe it was lifetime on Bend or break. I have a couple slightly bent, None broken, No loss of carbide, and none of them have torn through. These are with aluminum backers in a 1.25 lug track. I paid $1.10/each. I could of had them for a buck a piece at the snow show. Oh well. Good luck and enjoy the sled. It's great. Read through some of the old posts though and you can find some good info on what you might want to check over on that sled. I have carbed but I hear there were a few issues with efi. Gas tanks etc.

·
Registered
346 Posts
rfmckee .. What type of riding style do you have? I am looking to stud my 800 also and would like to know what riding style and what else made you come to that decision? Where can I hook up with the extremes?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i studded my 800 with 144 woody's mega bite studs (silver) all in the center belt. it hooks up fine for me, except the few times i was on the lake, then you could tell i needed a few more studs. but i don't get on the lakes too often so 144 works for me. oh, and i used studboy powerplate backers (silver) -- excellent backer. check out mcb performance, that's where i got mine from thanks,
matt

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatboots@Oct 2 2002, 04:35 PM
rfmckee .. What type of riding style do you have? I am looking to stud my 800 also and would like to know what riding style and what else made you come to that decision? Where can I hook up with the extremes?
Hey Arcticatboots,
I ride pretty aggressive. Atleast I think so. Maybe not a maniac or anything. Like to keep it safe. Like the other guy said, you may have a little hard of a time hooking up on the lake with 144 down the center, but I don't ride lakes much either. Truthfully, I have a little bit of a hard time hooking up myself. I am 6 foot, 230. So I'm not a little guy. The only reason I wish I would have gone 144 down the center is so I could hang it out a little in the corner. Maybe I'll get more used to it. But as of right now, she hooks in the corners like nobody's business. I would not reccomend only 96 down the center. A friend of mine did that and he lost 4 and bent a few. He is running a XC800 with same lugs and studs as I am. He is adding more this yr. I think that is just too few for this kind of HP. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts