Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an accurate top speed for a stock 2002 ZR 800efi?  Just curious.  Thanks..

·
Registered
140 Posts
With the wife it seems to have a hard time breaking 50 and the best I have seen is about 110 according to where the needle was after the markings ran out. Never had the speedo verified so I have no idea how accurate it is. Not stock, but the only change to date is a clutch kit because it was lazy out of the hole.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 2001 ZR800 carb. its completely stock and i was clocked at 106 mph 2 weeks ago on a lake .It was 15 degrees outside. and there wasn't any snow on the ice. A 2000 machZ was clocked at 112mph on the same day. With a bit of clutching and gearing the ZR could probably hit 115 on a cold day.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well if you are running the sled a 1/4 mi. or longer so the clutches can shift into overdrive and you do the math??
Gear Ratio = 1.63 x .88 (OD) = 1.434
1.434 at 7500rpm = 112 mph so you guys are right on the money

Auggie

·
Registered
39 Posts
The 800  is geared to LOW from the factory,but with bigger gears (25/38 or so)and the right cluching you should be able to hit 117-118+ on radar,depending on the conditions!! I have.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My wifes 800 is the cce and the 1 1/4 track is not good for high speed runs. A good source for speeds in the Mn. area is CSE Racing.com. His 800 has ran 113 in a 1000 feet and I have seen very little beet it. He has results of events in the Mn. area and a good list of events where you can go to try to beat him. Hey Auggie, does Al's sled beat your's as bad as it beats mine?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, I have never raced Al's ZR800 but I would say that his sled has the best top end in 1000' of any ZR800 in the country. I have known Al & Chris for quite a few years and they are just plain "Fast"

Auggie

Oh! By the way if any of you guys with ZR's want to go fast here's Al's web site:  www.cseracing.com

·
Registered
458 Posts
Have gone 113 MPH with GPS unit, stock zl 800 ss,,,
this  was back in feb on a plowed lake, no studs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts