Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use my 2002 pro for trail riding for the rest of this season. Dose anyone have a fast and powerful set up I could try? Thanks again! John

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It is a 02 440 liquid snopro and he is around 235 to 245 lbs and he is looking for an agressive trail setup.

·
Registered
442 Posts
if you have trail ridden that sno pro please comment on how it handles the trails just to see what we can expect from the firecats

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have not had much seat time in mine yet but it handles very nice once you get used to the characteristics of it.My only grip is I dont weigh enough for the stiff suspension thats all.

Getting out of corners is awsome,plenty of power & grip.I was wondering were your clutch engages Sno Pro owners? Mine is around 6,000 rpm's & the manual I think stats 5,000 RPM's .I am not overshoting the powerband though so I may just leave it for now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You are not to light for the suspension!!!! I know racers with that exact sled and only weigh 130 lbs. All you need to do is adjust the rear spring blocks softer. If you are going to be racing the sled and jumping leave it at the middle seting for the landings that you will have. The snow pros are a race sled so the suspension will always be stiff. nice sled I wouldnt bitch just get used to it. As far as the clutching make shure you have your belt tension corecct. You should have 1/16" of your belt sticking out of the driven clutch sheves . most that come from the factory are to loose and will have higher engaugement because of the loose  belt and hole shot will also suffer. I would call a good clutch company for cat eather Goodwin performance or D&D racing. I go with goodwin because they are very close to me and very repuatable. I have greg goodwins # 847 746 0565  he will anwswer any of your questions and set you up with what you need.  
later

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks ZR for the input.As far as the suspension goes the rear blocks are in the medium position but I had the front a little high.

Dont get me wrong I love the way it handles but it just takes a little time getting used to it since my previous sled was a MXZ440.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts