Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 zr800 twin carb. runs excelent just when i stop it wont come down to low idle it stays around 2500-3000. i can choke it and it will come down and then slowly rise up again???? i dont know a whole lot about carbs but any info will help. thnx.

·
Registered
177 Posts
lol My buddies and my sled both do this... Well... my sled I had last year.... I had a 2002 ZR800 and he had a 2001 ZR 800 and they both did it... they would EVENTUALLY go back down but they took a while... His was much worse than mine, I am pretty sure it has to do with the flatside carbs getting wear and allowing extra air through there. there was nothing either of us did about it... we just got the habit of hitting the choke every time we came to a stop to get off our sleds :p

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's normal for your sled's idle to be high after you throttle down and stop because the exhaust is hot and scavenging gas very efficiently. It will go down by it's self after a few seconds or blipping on the choke will bring it down. If it goes up again you will have to adj. the idle screws out a little (equally on all carbs) to bring it to the normal idle where it should be.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Try adding a 1/4 turn out to the mixture screw.

Normal behavior for this sled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts