Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one would get better gas mileage?? ???

Which one would you get? ???

A friend of mine wants a Cat(brain dead)and wants one of these 2002 ZRT 600 or black ZR 600 CC efi the ZRT is only a couple hundred more :)

He would geta ZR 800 but his insurance company cuts off at 600 CCs :doh:

Most of riding is done on groomed trails and lakes and some off trail :sly:

He weighs 240lbs :thumbsup:

He likes speed :0:

Would he have to get stiffer springs with them since he weighs 240 and rides semi aggressive :0:

I say get the ZRT 600 :hallo1:

What would you get? ???

·
Registered
757 Posts
Lakes, speed, etc. He sounds like a good match for the ZRT (after he gets his brain functioning again). Although some might disagree, I would bet the ZRT would get a little better mileage too.

He'd be happy with either.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I aslo thing the ZRT would fit the style you suggest. Correct me if I am wrong but the 02 ZRT6 also has power valves, which should help the fuel economy.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup they both have APVs ZRT and ZR 600 :)

Anyone have experience with the APV ZRTs or ZR 600s ???

I have ridden the 98 ZR 600efi before but no APV 600s ;)Is there that much of a dif power/mpg?, ???
I know my Buds 98 is real hard on gas :angry:

Have they solved the sticking APVs on the 02 ZRs and how are the APVs on the ZRTs since they are a bit dif from what I have read ???

Thanx guys SWRules

·
Registered
24 Posts
i ride a 99 zrt 600 with buddies zr600 1 is efi 1 is carb both 2001s we trade sleds to compare them and i think for the conditions you describe the best choice is the zrt. i get 10-14 mpg they get 8- carb 9-efi. the only time i would rather ride a zr is off trail twisty rough below 30 mph riding.also the twin cylinder engines are hard on clutch arm bushings they wont last 1000 miles mine has 3200 miles and there still tight. the clutch will grenade if this is neglected as i have seen this happen. have fun -ride safely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts