Snowmobile World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Just wondering what people think of these sleds??

Also what gearing does it have in it?[/b]
Nice and light, and lots of fun. Personally though, I'd rather have the M-570 and use it for playing off trail. That's where it shines.

Make sure it has the updated pistons, as the original pistions are ticking time bombs.

If you've ever ridden anything with horsepower you'll quickly grow very tired of the 570, but for low speed playing around, it's a hoot.

·
10,054 Posts
They were used all over Michigan as rentals,,,, easy way to make pretty good money. I thought the motors were pretty much bullet proof,,, I was unaware of a recall on pistons, so you may want to look into them. I have the 03 370, so I have the same sled (except for the motor) and it has given me NO problems at all.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
watch some are piston poppers

I know of a 03 Z570 and 04 Panther 570 take a piston out around here

If you want a fan get a 440fan or just go liquid

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
They were used all over Michigan as rentals,,,, easy way to make pretty good money. I thought the motors were pretty much bullet proof,,, I was unaware of a recall on pistons, so you may want to look into them. I have the 03 370, so I have the same sled (except for the motor) and it has given me NO problems at all.[/b]
There wasn't a recall. But for 05 they came out with different pistons, and any earlier sleds that had piston problems recieved the updated pistons.
The problem thay had was teh same one that plagued many Arctic Cat pistons through-out the late 90's. Locator pin becomes recessed, ring turns, hooks exhaust port, destroys piston and cylinder.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
What problem with locator pin :lol:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Doesn't the guy from Florida (72h2kaw) have one of these? Hopefully he'll chime in. I know they go pretty well on the beach! :)

·
10,054 Posts
his is an 05 or 06,,, they must have different pistons than the 03's did.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
his is an 05 or 06,,, they must have different pistons than the 03's did.[/b]
Ya i talked with him and his is an 07 and he loves it. Mine is a 03 and well hopefully i wont have any piston problems with it. but other than that they are a good sled then from what i gather on here

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Ya i talked with him and his is an 07 and he loves it. Mine is a 03 and well hopefully i wont have any piston problems with it. but other than that they are a good sled then from what i gather on here[/b]
How much did you pay for yours? I notice ASM in Sturgeon Falls has brand new 07's for $4999. That's a good deal. Makes me wish I needed a new short-track leaf-blower.

See, there are up-sides to a strong dollar and terrible winters.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
$3999 for 370s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts