Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a number of different horse power  ratings for the new 600 HO motor, one as high as 135 hp. which seems hard to believe. I've heard  10% more than a current 600, but I don't know what the HP rating is for a 600 so it's 10% greater than what??  
Have you guys heard anything?  I once thought about buying one of these sleds, but not sure if this motor has got enough "GO" in it..... Anyone test ride one?  thanks...

·
Registered
310 Posts
haha 135.  no way, i think the 2001 mxz 600 was 108hp, so it will prob be around 118.8hp

·
Registered
171 Posts
tried the new engine in both the Rev and ZX-Renegade and it is a very strong and responsive 600.  buyers will not be disappointed with its performance so long as the reliability is there.

·
Registered
310 Posts
as far as i know, i dont think that there is a standard 600 engine anymore.  just the H.O.

·
Registered
110 Posts
we all know that doo's numbers are probably higher then actual say; but 110-116 hp and 100 mph+ is good enough for me. I have a 99 mxz 600 and I am totaly satisfied with it. I can keep up to my buddy's formula ss 670 with not much trouble.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
OH MAN ITS BIG ITS BIG

HUGE HORSEPOWER

Another Mxz  - Doo doesnt deal in HP.  There smart enough to know that its almost impossable to have a consistent HP number from a 2 stroke engine with all the varibles such as altitude, temp, fuel quality, oil used.  They only deal in %s.

Doo has never lied about power to my knowledge.  The mach z has been dynoed at 155 averge however somepeople take delivery with 149 and some with 160+.  

All i know is Doo is calling this motor a HO.  The last time they called a motor the HO the motor got its own following.  (670 guys.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts