Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the rated hp of the new 600 h.o engine will be .i htink the original 600 was around 110-115 ?meaning the h.o should be around 120-125 ?am i right ?any help would be great.i kinda wanna buy the new 600 h.o but i wanna know if its close to the 700.what is the 700 rated at?i like the 700 but a friend of mine has a mx-zx 700 and its a gas pig.worse than the other guys i ride with xc 800's.plus the 600 h.o has the new tra 111 clutch.so i'm confused which one to buy?i'm going with a adrenaline this year still not sure about the rev.i don't care how great a sled is.i just can't buy something i think is ugly.lose the windshield and the ugly close off panel at the back of the tunnel then i'll consider

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Anteater: I agree with you on the windshield. Yamaha & Arctic Cat had the handlebar mounted windshields. "Had" being the operative word. With that windshield and the narrow body work, I think the wind protection will suck. Those little clear knee deflectors look like after thoughts. Something like the water wings they had on the A frame Safaris. What are the chances the clowns that designed that piece of junk were involved with designing the REV?    

Also the snowflap deal will probably get froze up and screw up in the real world.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I hope it is nearly the same as a 700, as I really wanted to buy a sled with the 700 motor after hearing good things about it......

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well about the 600 vs. 700.  My brother has a MXZ 700 and I have a MXZ X 600.  I weigh 160lbs. and he weighs about 180lbs.  And they are way too close.  I'll beat him just cause of the weight difference.  But once we get near 80 mph, he will go by.  So, I think that the new 600 HO will be one helluva fast sled.  I would say it will be in the 120 hp range.

·
Registered
264 Posts
A lot of the 800's arent making a true 135 HP. In reality the Series III 600 makes 104 - 106 so if they did there homework you may see a true 114-116. That would put it right with the Pol 600 which is good company. Remember all the hype when the viper came out and people were saying 135 horses. It turned out to be 120- 122.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i went and checked what i was reading and it was the 800  

my mistake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts