Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On cats website it shows that hottest thing on snow icon, well in the middle of it, it has that picture that looks like 2 flower petals.  I figured out those are the headlights of the new sled you can kinda see what I am talking about if you look. !!!!!!!! Hope the 2003's kick assssss

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
What are they talking about with the hottest thing on the snow? I was thinking a revamped sno-pro since they are not on there anymore? I was just about to post the same topic. I guess we'll all be waiting for 2-8-02. Ordered a 2002 ZL 600 EFI SS ESR yesterday. Love my touring but after a ride on the ZL last week I put it on the ole' credit card. Check the classified if you are interested in a good deal.

·
Registered
442 Posts
they are probably gonna release a high performance four-stroke, cat has it made when it comes to high performance four strokes because suzuki has arguably the fastest street bikes out right now

cat is most likely gonna be next to the table with a high performance four-stroke because of suzuki's street bikes.
next inline would be ski-doo but i guess they are gonna try the thumper v-twin route instead. and polaris seems to be in a tough place if they are gonna be putting any high performance four strokes in their sleds, they could do it but not as easily as cat or doo.  and yamaha has brought a high perf. four-stroke to the market we will just have to see if it performs this next winter

and i have heard word of new 500's 600's 700's and a 900 all in the sno pro chassis next winter the 600 i have heard will have about 120 horse and the 700 will have 135 horse and a while back on this board some guy copy and pasted from another website that someone saw cat testing a 900 twin in the sno-pro chassis he got a look at the motor and it had twin pipes.  can you imagine another cat with factory twins i'll bet that thing would crank out over 155 horse stock, hopefully more.  that combined with the lightweight chassis and that could be a hot sled i would still sign up for a 135 horse 700 twin in the sno-pro chassis though

·
Registered
203 Posts
I can't confirm this but on another site I saw a post on the "Fire Cat" supposed to be a 750 in the Sno-Pro chassis.
Rumor? maybe be not will see come Feb 8.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I herd at the snox races last weekend from some racers, that there is talk about a new sled called the "Firecat" or something like that! And it may be an orange red color? But this could be just a rumor started by someone but its what I herd!  also herd that they have a new 700 in the works! I think that would be nice a new 700 case reed with about 135-140 hp what do your think!!!!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I deffinitely think that on that picture those are the haedlights of the new snow pro, but that's not to say that they wouldn't put the new head lights another new sled.  Maybe all the 2003's have those lights, not just the snow pro's.
This is the first I heard of the "firecat", but I would hope that it would be a replacement for the Tcat if they are dropping it.  How about a 1200 cc tiple that is called the Firecat?  How fast can I order one?  I can't wait.  I will be ordering a new sled this spring, but with all the new stuff I have know idea what it will be.  The anticipation is great.  I'm hesitant to order something that is totally new and radical because of potential problems, but I don't know if I can resist.

Keep the info coming, I don't care if it is rumor, I love speculation!!!!  

·
Registered
413 Posts
I deffinitely think that on that picture those are the haedlights of the new snow pro, but that's not to say that they wouldn't put the new head lights another new sled.  Maybe all the 2003's have those lights, not just the snow pro's.
This is the first I heard of the "firecat", but I would hope that it would be a replacement for the Tcat if they are dropping it.  How about a 1200 cc tiple that is called the Firecat?  How fast can I order one?  I can't wait.  I will be ordering a new sled this spring, but with all the new stuff I have know idea what it will be.  The anticipation is great.  I'm hesitant to order something that is totally new and radical because of potential problems, but I don't know if I can resist.

Keep the info coming, I don't care if it is rumor, I love speculation!!!!  

·
Registered
518 Posts
Anyone notice the red and black sno-pros at the X-Games?  I also heard the Red rumor, and those sleds almost confirm they're making red stuff. It doesn't look like paint, but the actual plastic belly pans and hoods. Check out Reimer's and Scheele's red sleds and Gulla's sweet black sled on www.driftjumper.com
The red looks ok, but it's just doesn't say Arctic Cat. The black is very cool looking  

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey greenstreak, cool site, but how do I find that black sled you mentioned of Gulla's?  The red is different, but definitely not "Cat" like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts