Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I agree with you 100% Dan, no question about it, the new Star Wars doo looks like a Jedi should be riding it.  Hey, even with the Ski-doo Black modular helmet on.  The  force be be with  you.  Yuk.  LOL...

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
mightymach,
who said the rx-1 is ugly ? the sled is kawky.
i am a doo'er and i know the new mxz-rev is ugly but i don't care as long as it performs, of course we already know it performs from the race results.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Paul, I was directing my comment to all of the people that were jumping on the RX-1 saying how ugly it was.  I guess one should make sure that the new house they will be moving in isn't made of glass before they start hurling stones............

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
if all the new machines start looking like that i will not ever buy one for a long time, i will just keep my 01 mxz.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Does that thing float or did a Sea-doo ram it from behind? Low styling points but when you are on the thing, I bet all you see is the top of the windshield, ski tips and  everything going by in a BLUR! Bring on the whoops!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think everybody should wait to see it in person before making a judgement. Pictures may be worth a thousand words, but there's a big difference between two and three dimensions. From the picture, I suspect that the front end of the sled would look considerably different if the lower part were yellow instead of black.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think it looks good, it's a radical change but change is good. It will definitely turn some heads, and  bring more attention to the winter activity that we all love! Give it some time, it will grow on you.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
hey the real skin thing is the best, i couldn't keep my belly down looking at pictures of the viper. seeing them on the trails is another the red is a knockout and carbon fibre is subtle but can't keep my eyes off of it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
"Give it some time, it will grow on you."

So do warts.

seriously, I think Roton is right - we should all see it in person before we make any judgments.

With a little luck, it will look better live.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I for one am not overly excited about Ski-Doo's "New Look".  I have been a long time fan of Ski-Doo but I am considering the new RX1.  After having owned a Yamaha R1, I am convinced that this motor will not only be reliable, but will be a target for other manufacturers to shoot for in performance.

If nothing else, this is a big step in the right direction!  If we have to have 4 strokes, this is the best example that snowmobiling has to offer!   Bring it on!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I love ski doo's and I do and don't like the new ski doo.  I REALLY like the open mod sled that they are racing, but the one in snowgoer doesn't look the same.  I can't put my finger on what exactly is different though.  Something with the tunnel maybe??

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I like the new chassis. I think it is a cool looking machine, but I don't think it is as versatile as the "old" ZX or CK3 type sleds. Seems to me this will be a great trail sled for aggressive riders, but how comfortabe will it be for the long cruise? How will it compete in the impromtu drags that we all face when we are having fun with friends? Anything now is just speculation, but we'll see what we get

·
Registered
858 Posts
Speaking of cheeseburgers, It looks like a Mcdonald toy  
 I'll try to order one with large fries  

1 - 20 of 51 Posts