Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Edge X 700, and I have only started it a few times. It starts up fine, but it is extremely hard to pull the rope. Is that just because it is a big twin? Will it get easier to pull as the engine breaks in? I owned a 96 ultra before this, and that three cylinder was easier(smoother) pulling than this 700. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a 2002 XC 700 and it is also a little tough to pull over but it did get a bit easier as it broke in but keep an eye on the starter rope as the Polaris rope is not that great, mine broke at 500 miles and I just changed it again before the season starts with some ski-doo rope which seems much stronger as it was starting to fray again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My rope broke on my 800 even before my first ride. I would replace it before going out. My edge has compression release but is still a hard pull.

·
Registered
185 Posts
eat your wheaties boys... big twin + lot's of compression = hard starting.
My 02 700 is kinda lumpy to pull. You only have to pull it 2-3 times before she starts.
It will get a little easier as time goes on.

Suggestion....
When the weather finally gets cold... pull is over slowly with the key off and the kill switch down.
Pull it over twice... flip the switch turn the key on and mine starts up like magic.
Hope it works for you also

Rocket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts