Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 f7efi i wanna do something performence wise. i was thinking off set keyway, but i heard u cant do that w efi. then i though delta 3's, but are they worth the $200.00. it has a diff helix, and primary spring. I got allitle more go with that. what else?

·
10,054 Posts
I tried the boysen rad valves,,, I wont know what kind of difference they make until we get some snow here.
Kinda hard to believe they dont work at all when it seems most racers are running them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I tried the boysen rad valves,,, I wont know what kind of difference they make until we get some snow here.
Kinda hard to believe they dont work at all when it seems most racers are running them.[/b]
the '03s make the most horsepower with boyesen reeds and spacers. The Vforce are fine too however for 1/3 the price the boyesens are just as good, infact I believe they even made more horsepower on the dyno then the vforce... I could be wrong but I do believe the Flywheel key is not a good idea on the 03's. I also suggest the D&D Y pipe. it is the cheapest $ per horsepower you ban buy. for 110$ you will gain about 4-6 horse. the best things to muck around with in those things are the clutches. the motors already make huge horsies. add those two bolt on mods and you will be pushing around 150 hp... work with the clutches a bit and you and your 470 lbs sled will be the first ones accross the lake every time.

·
10,054 Posts
update,,,, we had some snow and I got a chance to ride,,, there is definetly a seat of the pants difference between the set up last year compared to this year,,, but I did have more than reeds involved. I know the stock reeds where shot, but the y pipe was also cracked, 1 cylinder needed renicked, 2 new pistons, and I had the sled reclutched by a racing friend,,, so not sure what the actual difference was with just the reeds,, but I wouldnt be afraid to run them in that sled based on what I felt the last few nights.

·
Registered
177 Posts
What clutch setup did your friend use?

what colour are the springs?
how many grams are the weights? heavy hitters or no?
did he change the helix?

did you get a top speed reading? how did ya do?

·
10,054 Posts
What clutch setup did your friend use?

what colour are the springs?
how many grams are the weights? heavy hitters or no?
did he change the helix?

did you get a top speed reading? how did ya do?[/b]
He asked that I keep the clutch set up to myself,,, no offense.
I did not top speed runs as we are still pretty low snow,,, (no snow now) I was simply going on seat of the pants. When we get some snow again, I will pull the radar out and pull a couple of radar runs,,, then we will have a better idea to 660' and 1000'

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am sorry... but your buddy isn't willing to tell his clutch config to other people with the same sled... who aren't even in the same country? I would understand if I was racing and a competitor... but... I am just trying different clutching myself and anyone who has had positive results.. the advise is always appreciated.... anyways... I guess if its a secret... its a secret... thank you. Lemme know what your times are when you get em'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts