Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, how many of you are planning to buy the new Firecat? Or how many are gonna wait a year or two to see how they perform and hold together? I know I don't want to wait. Gonna talk to my dealer on monday to get prices and work out a deal. They are awesome lookin sleds and I hope they perform as good as they look. Heck, at 435 pounds and 140 estimated horsepower, you can't lose. Awesome

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I didnt ask my dealer the $$$ but put an order in for fall. Looks like im going to trade in the Pantera and the ZL (which ive never rode) in for whatever just to get one. I chose the F5 not to crazy, red with the american flags. I hope shes a beauty, and I also hope business goes well next season

·
Registered
203 Posts
You fellas have alot more confidence in Cat then I do. I guess riding them for 25 yrs makes me skidish.
As many problems Cat is having with the sno-pro I wouldn't be plopping down my money for one.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I know I haven't ben a huge fan of Arctic Cat sleds, been riding Polaris and Yamaha all my life, but I do have to admit the red and black Firecats are pretty damn nice looking!! If I didn't race Polaris sleds I would be tempted to switch over to a red F7. I hope Polaris comes out with something or I might start to teeter !?!  

·
Registered
93 Posts
From looking at the website picture of the chassis, it looks like Cat is using the Sno Pro gas tank and seat. Although, the tank is black; I hope this is true. I can't stand the tank/seat combo because of the lack of padding in the seat where it meets the tank. I also am bummed that the F7/F5 didn't come with the foot riser that the Sno Pros have. I think you can order that part and have it welded or riveted on. Also, there is no Clicker shock option on the new realese; that is going to keep me from getting one. I'd imagine they will offter them before the next season. I sure hope so. Other than that, what you have with the F7 is a huge jump on the competion.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Are those FIRECATS replacing the ZRs all together? Or are they making ZR 500,600,800,900 and FIRECAT 500,700 kind of like SKIDOO's H.O.s. I am all about rotax power but I checked those out at the AC website and must say they are pretty sweet. What I got out of it was the FIRECATS were basically like an H.O.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Has any one seen what the digital tach and analog spedo look like. In my personal opinion i like analog guages better because with a quick glance you can see them better. The digital gauges are lighter and these days that is all that counts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had the "latest and greatest" for exactly 1/2 a year...  Then came the 900's and now this!
  I'm glad I like the sled I bought cause I'm not changing again for awhile!  I worry too about digital guages, how will they work at 25 below?  I'm sure Cat has it all worked out, but I lose my GPS screen if I don't heat it with a thumb warmer.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Alaskan, how do you heat up your GPS with thumb warmer?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Not for me. The Cat brochure did not offer the FREE 2 year warranty on the Firecats, only ZR's and ZL's. I do not want something Cat is covering their Butt on, let someone else be a ginnypig, I say. They already had to move brake above track driver into traditional area because of warping problems from moisture and temps. That also throws a monkey wrench into their Black Diamond direct drive system which is 16 lb.s lighter for the next year, with the break problem. These sleds will hold less of there value than a new triple in one year, time will tell I believe.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Being a cat rider since 77 and also in the market for a new sled I have too say NO> They don't offer a non fuel injected 700, I ride a zrt600 and could not go down to a 500. I also can't move to the 800 as it is available only with efi. The 900 is too big. I have had a fuel injected cat and just didn't like it, besides I couldn't keep it together for a year without it blowing some piece of the engine apart. I bought that one because I like to tinker and figured this would put a stop too the tinkerin and save me some money on aftermarket parts. The only thing it did was cost me big$$ money for cylinders and other should be uneeded engine parts. I am seriously looking at the new yammy four stroke. Kevin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts