Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just talked to ingles in NY,  they say the dealer meeting is this week and all info should and will be out by thursday!!  im sure as soon as the meeting is over it will be out!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I heard from a dealer that the mach z is exactly the pic above.  

The pic even has the new 2003 sticker package.  

Looks like the Mach is here to stay.  

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
All this talk about upgrading the chassis for the Mach had me real excited. I have allready owned a CK3, don't wish to go back. Guess I go another year and see what Doo does. I don't care for the series 3 motors, and don't like the CK3 chassis. It sounds like I will have to make the sled I want. How big a crow bar you need to transplant a 809 in the ZX chassis?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
My source says the MachZ will return for one last season.  Unfortunateley still in the CK-3.  As "Mightymach", I was the second biggest proponent to the CK-3 right behind Machzzzz1.  Then I spent a day in the saddle of my buddies 2002 MXZX800.  The only advantage to the Mach is the engine, no comparison! enough said

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Hey, atleast Machzzzz1 got his 2003 Mach!  That's all I cared about.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yup.  At least shes back.  The CK3 is a awsome chassie anyway.  Before we just say its the same lets wait till the 25th.  

I still think the ZX will have a triple.  Maybe it wasnt ready yet.  If you or I were going to put a triple into a zx it probably wouldnt take that long.  But bombardier is probably tuning the suspention and adjusting balance and weight.  I personnaly heard from someone who went to the confrence that bombardiers problem was that they couldnt get the ballance right.  But thats proof that the ZX mach is in the works.  

And then Paul Y comes and says he saw a REV triple.  That would be sweet.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I don't understand why eveyone is knocking the 800 twin. This mill makes some great trail power, and married with a zx chassis for some great handling, what more could you want. I just ran 640 km's  monday and tuesday on our trail system. And if I did that on my ck3 f-3 I would be in the hospital right now (kidding). Unless all your doing is riding lakes all day, that triple in that chassis has become dated. God after next year the zx chassis will be dated after the rev comes out. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy my triple, infact I just got it clutched my my good buddy Limskii and she really rock's now. But when I hed out for a long ride on the twisties I allway's pull the cord on the twin!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya but you clutch that trip right WOW! my mach 1 comes out of a turn like a raped ape! my inlaws SRX cant stay with it out of a turn! put a trip in you ZX and i bet you would sell the twin for a tripple ZX!  cant wait to do over 150 a day in march for a week in ME on the mach1!!  
call the doc for some perks . when i get home

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I am DYING to see what ski-doo has out on the 25th!  It's gonna turn some heads!  

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
kenny pope what more could I want from an 800cc sled about 15 mph more,that should do it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm waiting to replace my 1999 Mach Z with a new 2005 1100cc 185 hp Mach Z.   Skidoo, get to work, I'm giving you a couple more years to get it right!

·
Registered
664 Posts
The dealer I go to actually works with ski-doo on projects. He is mentioned in the brochure that I'm sure many of us got in the mail about the REV. We had a long talk about the Rev and other things. He was just up in Canada 2 weeks ago and got to take the REV out for 125 miles. Anyways what I'm getting at is one of the Questions I asked him while we were talking was if there would be triple for 2003, He said yes, the mach in the CK-3, SC-10 3 suspension and precision skis, He also said this would probably be the last year for it.

He also had something interesting in front when we walked in, A Bombardier Lynx snowmobile, Very sweet looking all red, same basic zx chassis, but the hood was different as far as the vents and stuff go. It had a very different front suspension too, instead of the shocks being angled out, they were straight up and down and came through the belly pan and were mounted on a bar that spanned across the bellypan underneath the hood. He said he got it from Finland, I believe. He has it out there to get feedback on it. He said there is a possibility he might try to sell them next season.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts