Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was riding in new hampshire today and saw a dealer giving test rides for 03 rev 800.  i took it out and was overly impressed. the power is very strong. i asked if there was any change between this year mxz800 motor and the rev 800 motor and there isn't. it felt quicker than my mxz800.  its just the way it is put to the ground with the weight more centered.  it was a very light feeling yet stable ride.  it felt tall when i first sat on it but after i rode it a few miles it just felt right!! it cornered nice and effortlessly and would skim right over whoops and stutterbumps.  i hate to say that my new mxz might not stay around too long.  i just hafta try the new yamaha first

·
Registered
357 Posts
I really like that sled and wouldn't mind to take a test drive, but my nearest dealer is 2 hours away, the only thing I don't like is that windshield, but it is still really cool, I think I would like a 600 h.o. Does it ride better than your mxz 800?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I just sat on it for the first time.  Very impressed.  Much better feel then the ZX.  As far as i know the 800 is a new block and uses 8 reed pedels per side vs. 4.  

The fit and finish is by far the greatest on any bombardier sled forward of the driver but behind the driver the truck lid looks a little cheap and the snowflap looks a little bit out of place.  

When you sit on the REV it really feel like you are in control.  I can just imagin the handling.  It will be pretty close to the CK3 and Tundra R.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Gosh...I wish my dealer had one!  They won't get one for another month!  I guess I can still dream until then

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is it just me or does the REV look alot like a platypus out of water! The black one anyway. UUUUgly

·
Registered
35 Posts
My dealer said he'll have one this weekend.
I'm still buyin a ZX MXZ "X", but I'll still try it out.  Of course there will be no test ride.......no snow

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the town where it was is north haverhill,nh.  they only have it for a few days.  its being passed around to dealers so people can try it.  i am not sure the name of the dealer.  it wasnt at the dealer.  they rode it to the spot where i rode it.  also it didnt ride anything like the mxz.  the mxz feels like a big ole caddilac after getting of the rev.  when you first sit on it it reminds me of a 4-wheeler(the seating position).

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was just curious if the REV was better oriented for taller riders. I am 6' 6" tall and have found most sleds to be too small.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Dunkmaster i am 6,7 and the rev is awsome.  It fits much better then the ZX and the CK3.  Long day trips will be a breeze on this thing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
will I have to duck when going over bridges that only have 8' clearence rails?  
  Testing it in a couple weeks when my dealer gets it in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts