Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the local dealership today and talked to my buddie who just returned from the show. Some good and bad news for all us Doo Lovers. 1st there will be no Hot Rod 4 Stroke in the near future.(This place also sells Yamahas and he told me the 4-stroke yami was discussed and it was agreed that it was way to heavy for mountain powder riding) The focus is on the new sdi (semi-direct injected) 2-strokes. They will be available in the midwest in limted numbers for the short track crew. This motor is as clean as a 4-Stroke with 2-Stroke weight and  horsepower . For us western mountain climber type we will get the same ZX-X chassis with 600ho, 700, And 800ho motors and a new TRA-III clutch.   The extreme traction model will be available with a 159" track this year and be offered in couple of new colors. I seen blue and orange in the book but I`m sure thats not all. The development of the REV longtrack is still being tested. Apparently there is a problem cooling the machine. If you have seen pics of the new REV's you'll notice the pivoting rear piece of the tunnell. This is designed to direct snow up on to the coolers , and thats not Dooable on a long track. Also the ergos are in question with making the rev a climber. There is no spending limit on this program, and I`m certain if it can be done it will.  
I`m sure there is more info I can`t recall right now and if I remember more I`ll post later.
adios, Don

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
dulie~ Thanks alot for the information!   Very interesting.

·
Registered
184 Posts
from what I have seen the ac 900 or more aptly  the 860  is a good sled

I hope the sumit has one of the features that the ac has.
A a place to put youre shovel ,under the seat.

I realy dont see why a 800 ho could not be competitive with the 860 ac

I did look at a ac today and thay  have dfenately made it lighter and
have improved the aproche angle of ther track .

what I dont like is that  the pipe is very close to the front and it could easily be damaged.

was told that they may move the coolers to under the running boards next year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts