Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 rev with the 600 ho carburated motor in it. The machine starts perfect ,runs good etc. Both plugs are identical tan color. Never fouled a plug. Belt is new. But from idle to about 5k rpm it seems to burble, then 5k and up it takes off like a bat out of hell. after 5k rpm engine is happy. Makes going slow and taking off aggrevating. dealer said carb boots may be leaking, I looked at the boots and they look ok, but I can only see part of them without pulling the carbs. I have had this sled since new and it has always seem to run like this. any suggestions on what to do??? thanx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2003 rev with the 600 ho carburated motor in it. The machine starts perfect ,runs good etc. Both plugs are identical tan color. Never fouled a plug. Belt is new. But from idle to about 5k rpm it seems to burble, then 5k and up it takes off like a bat out of hell. after 5k rpm engine is happy. Makes going slow and taking off aggrevating. dealer said carb boots may be leaking, I looked at the boots and they look ok, but I can only see part of them without pulling the carbs. I have had this sled since new and it has always seem to run like this. any suggestions on what to do??? thanx[/b]

·
Registered
2 Posts
When you first hit the throttle, try to open the choke, if it clears up you need to go to the next size pilot, which is probley the what it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In 2003 The revs had a service bulletin on the carb boots for what they called Delaminating course that means they replace the reeds also
Ask your dealer if it has been done
Or log onto Bombardier and enter your Vin.
but before you do that
Check the compression first should be reading about 150 to 155psi
not to put a scare into you or say anything bad
But they did have a tendency for bad rings and pistons

Like I said just some facts from a guy who works at a Bombardier dealer

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
If your idle is considerably high when the motor is fully warmed up then check your throttle slides for poor fit inside the mixing chamber (also causes the dreaded "burble". If throttles are good replace your pilots from #17.5 to #20 and adjust fuel screw accordingly. Some folks have used Summit primary clutch springs with varying degrees of success (bandaid).

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
If your idle is considerably high when the motor is fully warmed up then check your throttle slides for poor fit inside the mixing chamber (also causes the dreaded "burble". If throttles are good replace your pilots from #17.5 to #20 and adjust fuel screw accordingly. Some folks have used Summit primary clutch springs with varying degrees of success (bandaid).[/b]
like simon said changing the spring to cure a lean spot is a bandaid.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
All, very good advice. Also, make sure your carb heat is in the "off" position. I am talking about the antifreeze line that has the on/off feature running through your carbs. I never have mine on for that reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts