Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the thoughts here?  Especially the remote start.

·
Registered
757 Posts
My first thoughts when I first read about the remote start was "why?".  The EFI is 2-pulls and you're back in the house anyway.  Personally, if it was a no-cost add on (which it was on early orders), I could get used to it.  But I probably wouldn't put that high on my "must have" list.  Anyway, if it works on cars it should work on sleds (you'd think).

Nice looking sled though.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
It should work just fine, no reason for it not to.  It would be very useful when you're getting ready to suit up to leave a bar at 10:00 p.m. and it's 0 degrees out and you walk to the window and hold the transmitter up and start the sled...the time it takes to suit up would be just enough time for the liquid cooled motor to warm up so you can shoot across the lake w/out fear of blowing the motor.  It would beat standing next to the sled waiting for it to warm up.

·
Registered
757 Posts
It'd also make for good conversation.  While the Poo and Doo guys are bundling up, you can push the button then go order another coke.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
And you'll have a good view from that bar window as some punk kid jumps on it and takes off before you get your transmitter back in your pocket.  A guy I went to college with admitted to stealing sleds for joyrides when he was younger.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Call me paranoid but I never go into a bar without putting on my 15mm cable from AC.  Let em try to take it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
From what I understand about it is that you have to shut it off and restsrt with the key before it will rev up ,safty factor to keep it from being stolen.I put it on my F7 but now I have to wait for ac to invent a starter for the F7 I guess it works better that way Ha Ha

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Think how many show off drunk snowmobilers will start it and forget it is on while in a bar, and wreck the engine from overheating. You run it for a half hour and problems.......end result more Cat engine parts sold. Win-Win for Cat.

·
Registered
757 Posts
The sled won't move unless the key is inserted in the ignition - So some punk kid doesn't take it for a joy ride.  As for the loser forgetting his sled's running - serves him right, and you could only hope he cooked it good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts