Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go guys, would you buy a Z if it was to come out in a ZX chassis? I would like to see it with a black paint job like the 2000 Millenium Edition. I say 175 Hp and HPG remote res. shocks all around. This would be a kick ### sled!
Caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that the renegadfes will become a real big part of there future. And if they build a killer machZ like aboven I bet it would become a big hit also. I just don't think people are going to jump on the REV wagon. It's so dam ugly I personally think (my opinion so no hate mail). I believe the silliest thing ever prodused on a sled from any brand has to be that rear flap on the REV. What were they thinking?
Yes it handles but it's just to out there for Doo heads i think.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I drove the rev.  Belive me.  There will be many more people buying this thing once they drive it.

It handles like a racing go Cart.  

If your ever on the trails and your following a rev dont.  Because he will make a turn and you will go over the side.  Its that awsome.  

It also seems to change the terrain your on.  It looks rough but feels smooth.  

But i would still buy a ZX Mach only because Triple power is #1.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyone from the Doo camps emphasize it's handling yet the mags haven't made it sound any better than what cat has and yam. The cats have been the best for years and I don't see it changing with the REV. I mean show me some press reviews stating it's that much better. I've yet the have any POL,Yam Vip, or Doo not handle like it was on rails. If the sled is studded and has the proper length carbides and is man handled right IT WILL rail. I agree that bigger/heavyier sled are not as good in the railing dept. I don't think riders used to a dialed in machine will notice a radical difference. And just about anything will handle better than a mighty Mach Z. Just some thingd to think about. Not to start a huge battle guys so NO ONE GO IN THAT DIRECTION UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!
Caleb

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Sled Dogg.  Before you say anymore.  Hope on a Rev and take it for a ride.  There will be no going back.  

If the new Cat, Pol, and yamaha are anything like a conventional sled its not even worth asking a Rev owner to race in the twisties.  

Simply put, I could not belive how well and how diffrent the Rev accually handled.

As for your WW3 starting comments on the Mach.  Ill let it slide this time.  But just because a guy is on a CK3 doesnt mean he or the sled wont handle.  With a pair of presision skis and a rider weighing over 200lb the CK3 has some tricks up its sleaves.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I don't know what tricks your talking about but I sure would have liked to have known.  The CK-3 ride just down right SUCKS!!!!!!!  I was too like you machzzzz1 and thought it was one of the best sleds out there until I spent a day in the saddle of my buddies 2002 800mxzx.  There is absolutely zero comparison.  His 800 twin even rocked!  The only place I could beat him was really on hard pack and I needed some distance to do it.  His track hooked so much better than mine and he wasn't studded either.  If there was any loosness at all with the snow he would jump me sooooo bad.  But it was the ride that blew me away.  The bumps just simply diapeared on that sled.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I just traded my 700 adreniline MXZ for a Rev 600HO.  I know what the ZX is like and belive it or not i am faster in the twisties with the CK3.  

The Ck3 lets me drive the way i want to drive.  Far back in the seat, Reclined and having to lean way out.  THe Zx forced me to sit upright,  It was a great sled and for 90% of the riders out there probably handled better.  

Now if there are mogals or bumbs the the ZX is hands down better but on flat terrain I honestly would take a CK3 Because i as a driver am dialed in with that chassie.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I did try the Rev, albeit a rather short ride. Lets put aside the fact it's looks are gruesome, Cat has had a couple of ugly ducklings over the years as well. It's called motherly love..LOL. I felt really cramped on this thing. My knees seemed forced into cowling ( which by the way was all smashed up...I'm assuming from others knees) My take on Ski-Doos design was to put the rider further forward putting him at the pivot point of movement rather than way towards the rear. Simply put, the rider will move less, and be more balanced, allowing him to handle bigger and bigger bumps. How many of you guys have slid up and ridden the gas tank when trails get really rough? Same idea. I don't think  SD is pushing that it handles on smooth groomed trails any better than the rest. One thing I noticed...is the single heaviest component on the sled ( the driver) is forced to sit at the top this "triangulation" stuff..quite effectively raising the sleds cg. How many years have we heard low cg's, low cg's. Long travel has hurt cg's and this seems to go even further. I know when I drove the thing I felt like I was gonna fly off it. I'm 250 lbs and I suspect the bigger you are the worse this effect feels.  For smooth groomed trails I don't think it gets much better than AC's AWS. Actually...I think the AWS IV was better than AWS V for smooth trails. Plain and simple it had less travel so it was lower to the ground. Anyway...I'll buy into the fact the REV should be good in the junkers...but I'm also thinking the aggressive seating position will grow really tiresome on long days ride. You're pretty much stuck in that one position and can't really lay back and relax when you get to the smooth RR grade. I've watched my buddies throw their sport bikes in the truck and haul em to the curvy hilly roads rather than ride em any distance to get there.  From this, I might make the conclusion that REV drivers may take shorter trips, but they'll  INTENTIONALLY seek out rough trails. How FU is that? LOL  Tell ya what...give me big, fast,SMOOTH sweeper cornered trails where the ZRT is throttle is pinned for miles and miles and YOU can have the bumps and the REV.  

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I'll give you that machzzz1, if the trails are good and smooth I'll ride with anyone on my old CK-3, but here in Michigan there is no such thing as a smooth trail.  Twisties aren't the problem, the freaking 2, 3, 4 ft moguls are, they suck on a CK-3!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Your right Mighty.  Mogals are a kill joy for the CK3.  However I dont seem to have a problem with the ocational.  its the washboard trails that make me get pissed.  but thats what i got my 500 for and now my rev.

Purple ZRT.  Your right in away.  The Rev wont be so superior in the groomed trails but hear me out.  When i drove the rev i was amazed.  I didnt care for the look but my dealer invited me out to try it.  I got on the thing and it felt a little twitchy but once i got the hand of it i loved it.  It was a sence of handling and control i have never felt on any brand.  You seem to know your Artic cats so for comparison let me tell you.  Last season i went up to a friends cottage with out my sled.  I borrowed his zr.  I rode it for 6 hours strait.  It doest even come close to the Rev in handling.  The diffrence is.  On the Zr when you wanted to turn you turned the bars and leaned the sled would turn but would start to feel like it would flip so you lean to the inside and press the throttle harder and you blast out of the turn.  FUN.

The diffrence is on the rev.  Your comming into the corner fast you simply lean forward and slightly to the side you want to turn to and the sled goes like its on rails.  The challange is hanging on.  It corners with out you leaning.  It does everything like its on rails.  The lateral gs in the corner is awsome.  

Every sledder has to try a REV next season.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (machz69 @ June 25, 2002, 11:01pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol dude we have to hook up this winter... i run a machz and if u come up this way give me a call.......hehehe last one there buys...........lol[/b][/quote]
Are you getting free beers AGAIN?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PurpleZRT @ June 26, 2002, 10:54am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...but I'm also thinking the aggressive seating position will grow really tiresome on long days ride. You're pretty much stuck in that one position and can't really lay back and relax when you get to the smooth RR grade.[/b][/quote]
When I'm riding up in northern Ontario I want to exceed the speed limit, but I also want to be able to relax at times too. On my ZX, I can move backwards & forwards on the seat. That doesn't appear possible on a REV.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts