Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 17 year old that has been snowmobiling for 3 years but only owned a sled for one. I am looking at a 2004 ski-doo mxzx with low comp. domes, 10 gall. tank. The Sled has 1000 miles on it. I was just wondering what you know about this sled, and if you reccomend it to me. I'd also be adding tempaflow before the season starts. I hear from some people that this sled is not enough power, and I hear from others that it is a lot of maintenance. My main use is just to shred the river once in a while, and do some ditch banging.

Any help is appreciated! :thumbsup:

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I'm a 17 year old that has been snowmobiling for 3 years but only owned a sled for one. I am looking at a 2004 ski-doo mxzx with low comp. domes, 10 gall. tank. The Sled has 1000 miles on it. I was just wondering what you know about this sled, and if you reccomend it to me. I'd also be adding tempaflow before the season starts. I hear from some people that this sled is not enough power, and I hear from others that it is a lot of maintenance. My main use is just to shred the river once in a while, and do some ditch banging.

Any help is appreciated! :thumbsup:[/b]
it has plenty of power. I would not buy it for a rider , unless I had another.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

Any help is appreciated! :thumbsup:[/b]

440's have decent power, not much top end though. awesome ditch banging sleds, jumping sleds, and just take a good beating in general!!

the maintenance isnt that bad if set-up properly, but prepare for horrible fuel mileage. hopefully u have a lot of extra cash laying around for fuel and oil cuz u might need it.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Check this thread from last season:

Click

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How bad is the fuel mileage, compared to sleds such as the mxz 600. and what can you do to get better mileage?

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
the 440 mxzx is a race sled so you get just that. want better mpg get the 600sdi.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
race sled are great if they are in good shade. i have two race sled now and they are the best thing ive ever had. ill never got back to consumer sleds. they will ride rough though. getting shocks valved down you be a good thing. if you buy it i can do them also. race valve stack are way to stiff to even aggressive riding. i vavle down mine from factory to race with. if it was me though, id buy it in a heart beat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts