Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see another topic mentions a 2004 REV Renegade as a mid season limited build. Any other rumours out there? How long is the ZX chassis going to be around?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Two rumors.  

1. All sleds will have a SDI fuel injected option.   Plus it might be in more then just the 800cc version.

2. Mach Z in a ZX chassie.  This isnt just wishfull thinking.  My dealer told me that theres still a big triple market and that bombardier doesnt want to lose them.  Then i heard at a show that somewhere in valcort they were working on won but couldnt get the balance right for 2003.  So they just put some new stuff in the CK3 and went with that.

It would also be cheaper to just build the Zx and ReV then to build all 3 so that is most likely the way they will go.  

Also it would be nice to see a 809 triple with SDI fuel injection. LOL.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
bondi racing makes a kit with jaws pipes for the triple in a zx.I spoke in detail with chris on this combo,the main question I had was did he weight a sled before and after? he told me he did not have the scale to weight the sled,but he did weight the parts removed and the parts going back on (800 twin mxz),there was only 10 lbs differance now I dont know if this is true or not but thats what was stated by chris, he said the twin 800's are pretty heavy engines.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
So your saying that most of the weight was in the CK3 and not the engine.  

All the more reason to want a zx triple with SDI.  

I think that most of the weight was bombardiers triple pipes. and the chassie itself.  Its built bulky and tough.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Dooman, so what if they are a little hevier, they are still fast!
Chris's own sled will go 130mph in 2000ft and still pullen, there is one with a 780 in it that ran 122 in 2000ft.
And still a perfect handling trail sled.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I think this kit is a very good set up and think the 10 lbs is nothing and doo should be able to build these from the factory and not have a problem with balance.I said I spoke in great detail about this with chris for a reason ,I see a zx triple setting in my garage by next summer,only thing is I am wanting a quiet muffler and its not available just yet, he said soon.I just can't have everything at once  
,and I don't know why  
 yes I doo not enough $$$.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Whats 10 or 15 lbs here and there when the majority of guys riding are in the 200+lbs clubs anyways
Thats just my theory on the subject.I hope they keep the zx around for a few more years as it's a decent chasis and not everyone will go for the REV and it's different styling.

·
Registered
107 Posts
the Ck3 and the F2000 chassie are build like a brick #### house.  Even the zx chassie is really good.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I heard back from the munising mich.  dealer ride that took place so all the dealers could ride the rev's,.... here at the first of this month, that the real "sleeper sled" that they had up there for people to ride was a new ledgend with the 800 SDI motor in it!  This sled really Fly's according to those who rode it!!! It was much  faster and  with a very smooth power band than anyone had expected!!  DooZ

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Cat drag racers are worried about the Legend being raced on grass by Guy Parquette and company, he has beaten sleds with sleds with mirrors on them before. I'm serious this is the hot rumour as Ski-Doo is not saying how powerful the SDI is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts