Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I just traded my F6 in for a ZR900 and although it's got more top end and more torque, I was expecting a little more top end from the big twin. I raced an '06 Apex and he kills me off the line and then we end the 2000' race with him ahead about 2 lengths. We both max out at 110mph (GPS) and he might occasionally hit 111mph with the wind at our backs.

I just can't get any bite off the line at all... spin city... while he's across from me pulling the skis off the ground and just leaving me there. I'm wondering what kind of adjustments I can do to my sled to get a little more off the line and a little more top end. I've heard you can get 110-115mph out of these sleds and I'm just not seeing it.

I ride trails most of the time but I just wanna put that Yamaha behind me on the lakes. So I'd need to have some suspension for riding.

**ALSO... I'm new to the Diamond Drive and I'm just wondering if that winding noise almost like a turbo is normal or maybe it's getting ready to go on me... Please let me know.

One more thing... the suspension is set to the hardest setting (3/3) and @ 150lbs. I'm still almost bottoming out the sled. I noticed these sleds have a shock in the front of the suspension but in my 04 AC manual, it does not mention anything about it. (not the ZR manual) Maybe I need to stiffen up that front shock for a little more resistance to bottoming out.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Drew

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm just mainly looking for better take off...

Current setup: 144 studs, straps are kinda tight, blocks are on the second to furthest back setting, suspension is set to 3/3(hardest it will go) and in the 2nd pin hole.

This thing corners unbelievably well but take off, all it does is spin, no bite at all.
For trail riding, this setup is perfect but I need more bite for the lake.

Thanks,
Drew

·
Registered
743 Posts
Remove your coupling blocks and you'll hook right up.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
get 1604-388 and 389 rear springs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts