Snowmobile World banner

2005 Classic 500 Tach

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jbaker33 
#1 ·
My 05 Classic 500 does not have a tach. Can someone assist to tell me what pulse tach I need and will it just plug and play

#2 ·
Not sure what motor it has, but if it's a fugi, it would be a 2 pulse(good luck finding that one. I searched for months for a white faced 2 pulse tach for my 02 indy 500 and it's basically a unicorn lol. I had to settle for a black faced 2 pulse tach). If it has the liberty motor in it, Its going to be a 6 pulse tach. If that's the case, you'll be able to find one to match your speedo really easily. And because you asked this over 7 months ago, I'm sure you've already gotten this figured out/taken care of but I wanted to reply in case you didnt, or in case someone else reads it. But as far as installing it and it being plug n play, if you have the big round black plastic plug where the tach should go(that has the temp light in it), then there is a 99% chance the connectors are already there, behind the black plug. Mine was really easy to install

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.