Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can buy a 2005 Mach Z 1000 with 3000 miles for $5800.00 usd. I have found similar sleds, elec start, rev. ripsaw w 192 pics, from 7000.00 to 8400.00

Anybody owned or know someone who owned one of these? Opinions needed :withstupid: I think its a sweet looking sled but I dont want to end up with a lemon :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
I can buy a 2005 Mach Z 1000 with 3000 miles for $5800.00 usd. I have found similar sleds, elec start, rev. ripsaw w 192 pics, from 7000.00 to 8400.00

Anybody owned or know someone who owned one of these? Opinions needed :withstupid: I think its a sweet looking sled but I dont want to end up with a lemon :([/b]

I have an 05 mach and it is awesome on the lake and in the corners but sucks in the bumps. i mean really sucks. there is a lot you can do with the suspension if you have the money ( hygear) and it make a huge difference from what i read. the sled is very fast and the torque is unreal. make sure all the updates are done with the dealer that sold it, also check the service records. sounds like a great price. i am selling mine for $8000 canadian with 2200miles so i think that 5800U.S is a great deal if the dealer says it was looked after. Make sure it is clutched or you will feel let down. stock weight is too low. hope this helps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HOLY GARBONZO BEANS!!!! Step off my 98 Formula 670 and on to this machine.... WOW!!!

Thanks for the input, I am going to call today to get dealer info. Any particular question I should be asking as far as updates? My God that sled will FLY. Also checking my life ins. policy!! :lol:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice sled. The 1000 SDI Rocks !!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool Thanx for the input.. :thumbsup: I will be getting the sled next week and going to Nortern Maine, where we just got 30" of fresh play powder. Any ideas on customized paint jobs?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Anybody owned or know someone who owned one of these? Opinions needed :withstupid: I think its a sweet looking sled but I dont want to end up with a lemon :([/b]
I just bought one for $4500.00 which was a steal. Have used it twice so far. Just got back from Bingham, Maine and put over 100 miles on it. What a ripping sled. My son has a 2007 Mach Z so I bought the 2005. Had alot of sleds but nothing that pulls like this one. Handles great and takes the bumps good also..Have fun

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The 1000 Machz are amazing sleds. But you have to make sure a few things were done to them and theres also a few things you can do to them to keep them running mint.

First thing is take it to the dealer and hook it up to the buds system. Make sure they check all the sensors for proper operation. And flow test the injectors.

Also make sure if it had the low pressure mechanical pump, that it was replaced with the low pressure electrical pump.

and check to make sure it has the latest 07 map that applies to your altitude level.

If all the passes your off to the races.

The Mach Z is one of the most inconsistent sleds out there. The key is to make sure the sensors are working and you have a good battery.

Charge your battery up fully. Then check it with a meter, If its less then 12.8 volts chances are its bad. Now with the meter still on it and the kill switch off. Hit the prime button (start/rer) if it drops below 12.5 its a bad battery. And even though when the sled is running it gets 14.7volts from the engine. It doesnt matter. If its less then 12.8 your sled will not run properly and guys have reported anything from poor performance to somtimes burn ups.

You can also install UNI filters in the air box. This sled has a big issue with sucking in belt dust and fibers that clump up in the reed cages. It sucks it right thru the door and airbox seal. Which brings me to my next thing, Clean the throttle bodies and reed cages.

And a lot of guys have installed autometer fuel pressure gauges, to moniter the fuel pressure between the filter and fuel rail. If the pressure drops from 58psi the sled will run lean and possible burn up. Having a gauge is a safegaurd to help catch a crappy pump.

The High pressure pumps have been reliable. Its the crappy low pressure pumps, both the crappy mechanical ones and the recalled electric ones that fail. If that happens when the sled gets around 1/4 tank of gas, the high pressure pump will start to starve for fuel. Fuel pressure goes hay wire and you can cook the motor. The sdi sensors cant detect it or save the motor. It needs that steady 58psi of fuel to work perfect.

[attachment=42514:mysled.jpg]

Other then that. Its an amazing sled that will crush other sleds. And as long as you get these few issues covered, it will give you a good service life. Ive got 10000km on mine and zero issues other then the ones skidoo took care of.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice details! Helpfull!!!
This is one of those sleds I've always wanted to own but wifey says I don't need to go that fast.
:confused:

The 1000 Machz are amazing sleds. But you have to make sure a few things were done to them and theres also a few things you can do to them to keep them running mint.

First thing is take it to the dealer and hook it up to the buds system. Make sure they check all the sensors for proper operation. And flow test the injectors.

Also make sure if it had the low pressure mechanical pump, that it was replaced with the low pressure electrical pump.

and check to make sure it has the latest 07 map that applies to your altitude level.

If all the passes your off to the races.

The Mach Z is one of the most inconsistent sleds out there. The key is to make sure the sensors are working and you have a good battery.

Charge your battery up fully. Then check it with a meter, If its less then 12.8 volts chances are its bad. Now with the meter still on it and the kill switch off. Hit the prime button (start/rer) if it drops below 12.5 its a bad battery. And even though when the sled is running it gets 14.7volts from the engine. It doesnt matter. If its less then 12.8 your sled will not run properly and guys have reported anything from poor performance to somtimes burn ups.

You can also install UNI filters in the air box. This sled has a big issue with sucking in belt dust and fibers that clump up in the reed cages. It sucks it right thru the door and airbox seal. Which brings me to my next thing, Clean the throttle bodies and reed cages.

And a lot of guys have installed autometer fuel pressure gauges, to moniter the fuel pressure between the filter and fuel rail. If the pressure drops from 58psi the sled will run lean and possible burn up. Having a gauge is a safegaurd to help catch a crappy pump.

The High pressure pumps have been reliable. Its the crappy low pressure pumps, both the crappy mechanical ones and the recalled electric ones that fail. If that happens when the sled gets around 1/4 tank of gas, the high pressure pump will start to starve for fuel. Fuel pressure goes hay wire and you can cook the motor. The sdi sensors cant detect it or save the motor. It needs that steady 58psi of fuel to work perfect.

[attachment=42514:mysled.jpg]

Other then that. Its an amazing sled that will crush other sleds. And as long as you get these few issues covered, it will give you a good service life. Ive got 10000km on mine and zero issues other then the ones skidoo took care of.[/b]

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've seen many Mach z 1000's for sale in Quebec that had the motor rebuilt.... Could the faulty fuel pump be the cause of these rebuilds?

I've been considering a mach z 1000 for some time now but doubting it's reliability.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts