Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Renegade 600 HO SDI engages the clutch too rapidly on starts. As a result the track spins too fast thus digging down in the snow. This is especially annoying when in reverse as the track merely spins down and I usually end up getting stuck. It seems that no matter how easy I take it on the throttle the engagement is too high. I've been told that to remedy this I need to add weight to my clutch or replace the spring. Any suggestions? What would be the normal engagement rpm of my sled?
I'd appreciate any help/advice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Belt is almost new. 36.5mm in width. Manual says the min. is 34.2mm. It sits level or a shade below in the secondary.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Belt is almost new. 36.5mm in width. Manual says the min. is 34.2mm. It sits level or a shade below in the secondary.[/b]
It should be sitting about an 1/8th of an inch above the secondary. Adjust the belt deflection, and that should fix it right up. It shouldn't engage as hard, and if there is a slight bottom end bog, that should be fixed as well.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
It should be sitting about an 1/8th of an inch above the secondary. Adjust the belt deflection, and that should fix it right up. It shouldn't engage as hard, and if there is a slight bottom end bog, that should be fixed as well.[/b]
Raising the belt even further up in the secondary would mean you start in an even lower ratio and then justy make the issue even worse.
First thing i would do is make sure the rear suspension is adjusted peoperly so youy have proper transfer and better traction.
Now stiock engagment, as someone already pointed out , is 3800 rpms. What are you engaging at?...If you want you can install a primary spring with a lower start force. If stock uses a 160/290 spring then look for a new spring with say a 100/290 or 130/290 rates. This will lower your engagement.
As for trenching in reverse. Really no fix for this. They all do it in deep snow. Just the nature of the beast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts