Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just picked up a 2005 RMK 900 she has 1500 miles on her and she was bought new last winter. Im the second owner. Pervious owner fell off and broke his arm and now is scared to drive her. His lost my gain. Anyways I was wondering is there anything I should do ( Mods or Parts ) to get her ready for this up coming season. ???

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
here are a few things. first get and SLP torque arm for the eninge. this is the best product made for this sled. help with the vibrating and you wont break belts like before. also another one needed, get a can, you save a min of 15 lb over the stock can, some are up to 19lb. on top of this clutching will probably need to be done. i dont know if the guy before you did any but the stock clutching on the 05 was pretty bad. some more shed weight thing that are cheap is like take of all plastic crap just making the sled look good, also loose the extra idlers. makes sure also to setup the suspension and handlbars for your liking. grease and tighten up everything and do a complete full pre season check so you dont have problems though out the year.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You should get an aftermarket intake too. SLP, Timbersled, fire N Ice, and dubbs all make goods ones. The huge intake traps a lot of heat in the clutches which will blow belts faster plus and intake will wake it up a little.

I don't use the SLP torque and push arms because my sled never blew belts but they are a good idea to help motor alignment. They won't help vibration they may even make it worse. You won't be able to do anything about the vibes except for getting used to it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey all,

I just picked up a 2005 RMK 900 she has 1500 miles on her and she was bought new last winter. Im the second owner. Pervious owner fell off and broke his arm and now is scared to drive her. His lost my gain. Anyways I was wondering is there anything I should do ( Mods or Parts ) to get her ready for this up coming season. ???[/b]
Just a hunch... Travis' sled?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts