Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a 2005 summit rt 1000 and it seems to have a tick comming from the engine somewhere. When the engine is running backward it seems to be a little quieter. Has anyone experianced anything like this? Run full synthetic oil and it has about 1, :bash: 200 miles on it. It starts well and seems to make good power but has a odd tick near the top of the engine, or maybe the pipe somehow. I would apreciate any feed back, thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
I have bought a 2005 summit rt 1000 and it seems to have a tick comming from the engine somewhere. When the engine is running backward it seems to be a little quieter. Has anyone experianced anything like this? Run full synthetic oil and it has about 1, :bash: 200 miles on it. It starts well and seems to make good power but has a odd tick near the top of the engine, or maybe the pipe somehow. I would apreciate any feed back, thank you.[/b]
Most 2-strokes do have a tick in the top end. It's from the piston rocking back and forth as it leaves TDC and heads for BDC. It's something that you may have not noticed on your past sleds due to the exhaust noise. That Mach is quite quiet and you can hear other noises more easily. I've heard it on every 2-stroke that I have had. Keep an ear out, but I don't believe you have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most 2-strokes do have a tick in the top end. It's from the piston rocking back and forth as it leaves TDC and heads for BDC. It's something that you may have not noticed on your past sleds due to the exhaust noise. That Mach is quite quiet and you can hear other noises more easily. I've heard it on every 2-stroke that I have had. Keep an ear out, but I don't believe you have anything to worry about.[/b]
Well thank you for the reply, that sounds good. I was told it could be piston slap, but it seems to be quierter when the motor is is running backward. This is my first Ski Doo. The tick doesn't seem to start
untill it warms up as well.I apreciate the asvice.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Take a piece of 3/4 ID hose (2' Long) and listen to the tick with it. I think you'll find its the primary injector solenoids firing. That's a normal noise and can be worse when the fuel line rubs on the frame (fuel line Knock).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take a piece of 3/4 ID hose (2' Long) and listen to the tick with it. I think you'll find its the primary injector solenoids firing. That's a normal noise and can be worse when the fuel line rubs on the frame (fuel line Knock).[/b]
Does that sound go away when the engine is in reverse, it does on mine. As well the tick get's louder as it warms up. Is that primary injector solenoid an easy fix?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts