Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 05 xcsp 700. I loved it when it was bran new but now there seems to be a problem with it. It starts and idols fine. but when you take off or punch the throttle at any time it bogs. And when this happens it will only tach to around 7,000 rpm's instead of a little over 8,000 or so. I've changed the plugs and its getting spark and gas.

I talked to my local dealer and the only suggestion from him was a from the factory problem having a faulty clutch spring. but that problem would have been happening as soon as i bought it. So i suggested to him that i clean the VES valves and he agreed. I have not done this yet.

Does this sound like the problem i am having or what do you guys suggest? :slick:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Typically if there's a problem with the valves you won't notice it on the bottom end, but only when the valves fail to open as the revs rise.
That said, you won't get peak revs if your valves are not opening.
Whenever I've had problems with valves I've first felt it in the mid range, when cruising along at 40-50mph and opening up the throttle. If you're getting a bog in a case like that, it's most likely the bellows that are torn, so the valves won't open.

As far as the clutch spring, they have been know to break, and it's worth checking out. It's easy to pull off the cover and inspect the spring. You don't have to take the clutch off the machine, just take the cover off.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
If the clutch spring is broken, or even sagged out, you should notice quite a change in engagement rpm.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm a button clutch man myself, no rollers yet, so I relying on my memory, which is not always a good thing. :lookaround: Wasn't there something with early Team rollers with coil binding, and the fix was a reverse wound secondary spring? Seems like I heard this, or maybe it was just a dream............. you guys dream of snowmoblie parts don't you? :D

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I am going to say fuel here.

You may have a scenario where the machine is not getting enough fuel out of the hole for a big load like that. Like the floats are sticking shut (Not sure if that sled is EFI or not)

Also check for a air intake leak (improperly sealed airbox boot, etc...)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks guys...the only problem is im away at college and wont be able to check the sled til february. But atleast i can tell my dad and he can maybe take a look at it. but thanks again for the replies

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I'm a button clutch man myself, no rollers yet, so I relying on my memory, which is not always a good thing. :lookaround: Wasn't there something with early Team rollers with coil binding, and the fix was a reverse wound secondary spring? Seems like I heard this, or maybe it was just a dream............. you guys dream of snowmoblie parts don't you? :D[/b]
Your memory is correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts