Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Considering buying a new leftover 2006 Fusion 600 HO and know very little about this model. I am looking for any information anyone wishes to share both good or bad. Also what gas mileage can I expect from a 600 HO?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
this is a good sled, the only two donw sides i have heard is that is turns hard (easy fix with different skis, see if you can get the dealer to through in a set from an 07 or newer) and it gets hot by your right foot (fix with SLP heat eliminator) the sled runs strong and have hered 12 to 14 MPG if running average trail, running hard ive here 10 to 12. and a clutch kits really makes this thing fly.

·
Registered
348 Posts
EDGE550, how much is your dealer willing to sell you the sled? Dealer in my area, brand new out of the box, wants 5,800. Im not sure if thats a good deal brand new or if I can get a brand new cheaper somewhere else. Any ideas? Let me know - thx. WL

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Not sure how important buying from a dealer is to you with warranty and all, but FWIW, I bought a pretty nice '07 IQ 600 carb with 1200 miles on it used for 5000.

I do all my own work anyway. To me, a dealer is where you go to buy parts....

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Guy on HCS bought a 06 600 ho for $5999 CANADIAN BRAND NEW last month

they seem to be a very good sled IMO

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have 2 dealers that I normally go to - the one closest to me, has a good used one that was sold this year as a leftover in Feb, wants to sell it to me for $5k w/ less than 600 miles on it. (a guy traded it in for a CAT) And another dealer I know wants $5.8k, brand new out of the box - both are '06 600HO. Id rather spend $5k because the minute you buy a brand new sleds, the value of it drops so much and I hate the idea of losing this much amt of money on a leftovers. WL.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
is say get the used and see if you can get them to throw in some stuff, i have never bought a sled from a dealer either, and only go there for parts as mich does but if you work at them you can get them to throw in lots of stuff for free, same with buying used cars and pickups (my dad and i do this alot)

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
WL - I'm with you. As long as the used machine isn't hurt (not likely with that low milage) I believe that one is the better deal.

BTW - the 72 Snow Jets said 433 on the side of them - not 440. Not sure of the 73, but the 74's were 440's -FWIW

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Guy on HCS bought a 06 600 ho for $5999 CANADIAN BRAND NEW last month

they seem to be a very good sled IMO[/b]
That's a super great deal. The leftover sleds are killing the used sled market in Ontario. $6000 is less then people would be asking for a used 06 600.

In North Bay you can get a leftover 600 Fusion for $8000, and I thought that was a super deal. If I hadn't bought a new sled last year I would've bought a leftover Fusion this winter. They are great little sleds, and the only things they really need are a 2" bar riser, some bar end hooks, and running board edge grips.

The IQ chassis has got the edge beaten hands down, and I actually really like the look of the Fusion.

I honestly don't think I'll ever buy another used sled, unless it's as an old beater or work sled. I do all my own work too, but I love that warrenty, especially with the Dragon, which has a 4 year factory warranty. That's longer then I plan to have the sled.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Michahicks - youre right, I checked the '72 SS'T, and they were 433cc - In '73, they were bummed up to 440s. Thanks for the correction.

Another thing that really kills the deal, winter isnt as long as it used to be. It would it be so crazy to spend that amt of money and ride it less than 2 mos out of a year. This past winter, we finally got some major snow storm on Valentine's Day and the problem with that - we had so much snow and nobody went out to break trails until a week later. This is something I have to really think about it before I go and buy another sled. WL

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
That's a super great deal. The leftover sleds are killing the used sled market in Ontario. $6000 is less then people would be asking for a used 06 600.

In North Bay you can get a leftover 600 Fusion for $8000, and I thought that was a super deal. If I hadn't bought a new sled last year I would've bought a leftover Fusion this winter. They are great little sleds, and the only things they really need are a 2" bar riser, some bar end hooks, and running board edge grips.

The IQ chassis has got the edge beaten hands down, and I actually really like the look of the Fusion.

I honestly don't think I'll ever buy another used sled, unless it's as an old beater or work sled. I do all my own work too, but I love that warrenty, especially with the Dragon, which has a 4 year factory warranty. That's longer then I plan to have the sled.[/b]
True newf

same week in the Bargain hunter 06 Fuse 600 ho 1100miles or so for $9200

·
Registered
657 Posts
this is a good sled, the only two donw sides i have heard is that is turns hard (easy fix with different skis, see if you can get the dealer to through in a set from an 07 or newer) and it gets hot by your right foot (fix with SLP heat eliminator) the sled runs strong and have hered 12 to 14 MPG if running average trail, running hard ive here 10 to 12. and a clutch kits really makes this thing fly.[/b]
First time I heard of it getting hot by your right foot... not familiar with the 600HO or the 2006... I'm still living in 2005, LOL. Which sucks, because that was a VERY bad year for me... oh well, lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the 600 HO fusion with the M-10 suspension which comes with a 1 1/4"x 128" track. I bought it in march of 06' with 46 miles on it. I rode about 400 miles before I put it away for the summer and then another 1100 miles this this year and I didn't notice any hot feet. I love the sled, but I snow checked a 08' switchback dragon 600 so I need to sell it. I lined up against a 07' skidoo blizzard 600 and an 05' 700 xcsp and beat them both. I usually get 10-11 mpg . I have never just cruised so I dont know if it will do any better. It has the chrome low windshield ,original windshield, handle bar hooks, cover, 8" carbides, original carbides with about 400 miles on them, clutch kit in box and skid plate NIB and it's for sale. $4500 .The ad is in the classified forum. They are nice sleds and I actually like the looks of them better than the new ones.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
if your in the market for a 600 wait a year till the 600ss sleds are available from the racers. they claim 130-135 hp stock! we will be applying for one for the '09 season.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts