Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2007 Arctic Cat Z570LX and put 200 miles on it in Michigan last week. On the extremely cold days I had issues with the starter not staying engaged long enough to start the motor. The starter kept kicking out therefore I had to bump start it about 15 times to get the snowmobile started. Once started there were no issues.
I was told by two Arctic Cat dealers that Arctic Cat's flex shaft starters have issues and that is the way it is. Can this be true that Arctic Cat would continue to use a faulty starter system?
Other than the starter I'm really happy with my machine. Also, can someone explain what fogging an engine is. I've read about it but do not understand exactly what that means. I live in Florida and will have to put my machine up for the summer and would like to know the best way to store it. It will be in my garage so I have easy access to it. I've made dollys to get the skis off the ground and a dolly to place under the track. It seems to be though that the dolly under the track would compress the track so I hesitate to keep this dolly there all summer. Perhaps I should built a rack to get the back of the machine off the ground and allow the track to hang. I would release the tension too.
Thanks.
Richard Vyse

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would go back to the dealer that you bought the sled from, or (if bought used) go to the 2 morons that told you, "that's the way it is" & tell these idiots to smarten up or you'll tear them a new rear end. If it's still warranty, demand a new starter. If it's out of warranty demand a better answer. Cat has their issues from time to time, but they are the absolute best when it comes to warranty! I maintain 6 cats in our fleet. 2 of which are 570's ESR ('03 & '05). They have never had the issue you're talking about.
***Unless of course you're battery is not charged & therefore not engaging properly or having enough juice to crank it over fast enough to start.***

Back to the exceptional warranty.. 1 of our sleds is an '03 F7. This baby came with 33 service bulletins, a few recalls, then Cat realized they goofed on the oil pump ratio, so they sent out a recall, along with $150 or $250- (can't remember exact amount) in Cat Cash. They took really good care of F7 buyers that year! Sometimes Cat rushes stuff to market, but they stand behind it 110%

That is something that Doo & Yamaha will not do. Don't know if Polaris does, never owned one.

Plain & simple if your dealer won't help you, go straight to Cat, they will!!

** Fogging an engine is a way to store the engine. Remove your airbox, or gain access to your carbs the easiest way. Warm the engine up, then spray engine storage spray into the carbs as per instructions on the can. This will create an enormous amount of smoke. Basically you spray the fogging oiol until the engine stalls. The idea is that the entire inside of the engine gets thoroughly lubricated with oil to prewvent against corrosion during it's summer sleep. Life is much easier if you buy the oil that sprays when upside down!!

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would go back to the dealer that you bought the sled from, or (if bought used) go to the 2 morons that told you, "that's the way it is" & tell these idiots to smarten up or you'll tear them a new rear end. If it's still warranty, demand a new starter. If it's out of warranty demand a better answer. Cat has their issues from time to time, but they are the absolute best when it comes to warranty! I maintain 6 cats in our fleet. 2 of which are 570's ESR ('03 & '05). They have never had the issue you're talking about.
***Unless of course you're battery is not charged & therefore not engaging properly or having enough juice to crank it over fast enough to start.***

Back to the exceptional warranty.. 1 of our sleds is an '03 F7. This baby came with 33 service bulletins, a few recalls, then Cat realized they goofed on the oil pump ratio, so they sent out a recall, along with $150 or $250- (can't remember exact amount) in Cat Cash. They took really good care of F7 buyers that year! Sometimes Cat rushes stuff to market, but they stand behind it 110%

That is something that Doo & Yamaha will not do. Don't know if Polaris does, never owned one.

Plain & simple if your dealer won't help you, go straight to Cat, they will!!

** Fogging an engine is a way to store the engine. Remove your airbox, or gain access to your carbs the easiest way. Warm the engine up, then spray engine storage spray into the carbs as per instructions on the can. This will create an enormous amount of smoke. Basically you spray the fogging oiol until the engine stalls. The idea is that the entire inside of the engine gets thoroughly lubricated with oil to prewvent against corrosion during it's summer sleep. Life is much easier if you buy the oil that sprays when upside down!![/b]

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I have a new 2007 model with a 2 year warranty so it should be covered. I was very disappointed with each dealers response and will go directly to Arctic Cat corporate and see what kind of a response they will give me. I found it very hard to believe such a company would continue to use a faulty starting system.
Thanks again.
Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts