Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Arctic cat t660 turbo that the battery light blinks very fast when the throttle is pressed and you try to get into it. Also, the turbo does not engage. Could the 2 be related? Has anyone else experienced this type of behavior? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Should not be related. Is all of the turbo plumbing connected? The battery light is a mystery to me. Battery old? Alternator working? Basic diagnostics required

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't done anything to the turbo as far as taking it apart so it should be connected. The battery is relatively new. It is a Gel battery so it won't freeze. The only thing I can think of is we towed it about a mile with my Side by side. We pulled it with a snowmobile tow rope. I didn't remove the belt or anything so I don't know if the towing did anything to it. I haven't really done any diagnostics to it yet for the battery, so I'll be doing that, but I didn't know if someone might have a suggestion as to where to start. My son said to check the air filter which if dirty might affect the turbo. I'm 200 miles away from the sled so I have to get ideas and then go to the sled and try them. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't done anything to the turbo as far as taking it apart so it should be connected. The battery is relatively new. It is a Gel battery so it won't freeze. The only thing I can think of is we towed it about a mile with my Side by side. We pulled it with a snowmobile tow rope. I didn't remove the belt or anything so I don't know if the towing did anything to it. I haven't really done any diagnostics to it yet for the battery, so I'll be doing that, but I didn't know if someone might have a suggestion as to where to start. My son said to check the air filter which if dirty might affect the turbo. I'm 200 miles away from the sled so I have to get ideas and then go to the sled and try them. Thanks for the reply.
Not the air filter, not the tow.....disconnect the battery and I would test but you probably don't have a tester and then re-connect. Nothing you did caused the problem. That much I know for sure. Disconnect and then re-connect. How do you know the turbo isn't working?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We can't hear it & she just doesn't have the power she did when I bought from the one owner little old lady. What kind of tester? I have a multi-meter and am a shade tree mechanic. But much like Mona Lisa Vito on my cousin Vinnie, I've done a little bit of everything from pulling motors & trannys to brake jobs and all other kinds of auto related stuff. I've also been working on small engines since I was 12(I'm now a month shy of 60). When I first bought the sled, it was diven by a 70 year old woman mostly in Canada, according to her son. It had 13k miles on it but it had been serviced regularly. When I bought it, the front end would come up what felt like off the ground. Now it goes but it just doesn't have the get up that it had. Sitting here typing I'm thinking maybe mice built a nest in the exhaust or the air cleaner. Is that a possibility for the turbo? Are you suggesting testing the voltage on the battery or the output of the alternator? or both? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I can tell you this.....If it won't do over 50mph the turbo is not functioning. I think you might be in over your head on this and would be better served bringing it to a reputable cat dealer. I would likely do the same.....There's a lot to chase down on these......Let me know what you find.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking the same. It might be a while before I get back to you because it is at a vacation home and we don't go every week. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks for the replys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts