Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 600RR is one of the sweetest sleds ever built. I saw it in the snowtech magazine a couple of months ago, and what is the base price for the sled?
Even though I am only 16 years old, I think I could be able to handle the sled.
What do you guys think ? I know that it is acclaimed as a full-on racer, but would it be a good trail sled?
I would be mostly off-trail, and boondocking most of the time.
Would this be a good sled for me?

thanks,
-Frank

·
Registered
903 Posts
The 600RR is one of the sweetest sleds ever built. I saw it in the snowtech magazine a couple of months ago, and what is the base price for the sled?
Even though I am only 16 years old, I think I could be able to handle the sled.
What do you guys think ? I know that it is acclaimed as a full-on racer, but would it be a good trail sled?
I would be mostly off-trail, and boondocking most of the time.
Would this be a good sled for me?

thanks,
-Frank[/b]
Base price is $10,299.

Regarding if you could handle it or not, it is a 600, so it shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm assuming that you have a few years experience, and if you handle your 500SS well, another 600cc shouldn't be much of a problem.

The sled isn't the best for trail riding. Shock valving is super stiff, the sled will be tippy around sweeping flat corners, etc. The sled is made 100% for ditches and moguls. This sled is said to be even more hardcore than the 07 XRS.

If your off trail most of the time, consider a longer track. A 136" works great off trail and surprisingly well on trail (some say even better than a 121).

Talk to snow4mydooplz...she extended her 500SS to a 136 and thinks highly of it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forget the 600 RR and try this one :wink:[/b]
That looks like the ultimate power machine, and I will stay with my 500ss, but thanks for the comments guys!

-Frank

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
on only downside to the whole sled is the walker evans shocks are really touchy, they take some extra love but besides that this thing is insane and as side it will ride stiff and be a little tippy but your are looking to racing to this may be just the thing for you. as for the speed, this thing come out of the hole like a bat out of hell. so alot of guys who put 600HO in the Iq 440 and with the conversion the sled is like driving an 800. lots of guys putting in 660 and 685 kits to and then they really fly. the 600ho is great and if your going to race just keep that motor in it that will make entering classes easier. Also if you want this sled it may be cheaper to find an 06 or 07 iq440 converted and this will be cheaper, seen some for as low as $4000.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
the problem with we shocks is they have a tendence to blow seals. its not so bad if not being raced but if they are they blow seals faster then any shock around, i know i have then and rebuild them. they are pretty good shocks and they are getting better, the 08 one are 10 times better then the ones on my 03 so really they are good shocks. they will need to be rebuilt more often then other shocks though. id say for most people around every 1000 miles, for really hard riders every 500 to 600 and racing it every 2 to 3 races. as i said the new ones not so bad. the we air shocks last 4 time as long as the needles as of rebuilding, totally different design and the seals last way longer.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
havent noticed it happening to walkers anymore than fox. any shock used in snocross has a tendancy to blow. if im not mistaken the walker 5/8 use the same seal pack as the fox.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
i would completely disagree on the seals blowing and the fox and we seals are different. the problem is the we seals create to much friction and they blow. a fox or ryde fx seal last twice as long as a we seal if you really want to know it all read this at HCS. We are still pretty good shock, they just havent been around long enough to relaly get it down.
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...155510&st=0

this is 14 pages long so i think youll get the idea in about the first 2 or 3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts