Snowmobile World banner

2008 Yamaha's

2008 Yamahas

7K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  DylanG07 
#1 ·
I didn't include all the sub-groupings. If there is a particular model in the line, tel us why you want it. I like the Apex LTX, I switched over to an Attak last year and found I like the long track.

#2 ·
I messed around a ton with long track vs. short. Not going to get into which is better, only that the 121's feel better to me. Had my mind set to get on the 4stroke bandwagon so I went for an '07 Apex RTX. Voted for the new Nytro though. That machine just sounds like fun....

#4 ·
I voted Vector

Good power great MPG

Though the Nytro would have been nice is it had a real gas tank

Yes it might have good range with the small tank but the range of a bigger tank would have made it more appealing to me and others

#5 ·
I voted Vector

Good power great MPG

Though the Nytro would have been nice is it had a real gas tank

Yes it might have good range with the small tank but the range of a bigger tank would have made it more appealing to me and others[/b]
Yeah, they are on the right track with that Nytro, but it needs a bigger tank. That's what happens when the sled mags weigh them wet....it encourages the factory to put on a smaller tank, so that they can look lighter. I don't care if it gets 16 mpg, a 7.4 gallon tank is not acceptable on a trail sled.

My vote goes for the Apex, until they put a real gas tank on the Nytro.

#8 ·
SnowTech likes the Nytro too. They mentioned something that has me thinking though. I was thinking there was a little more difference in the weight of it vs. the Apex (they're showing 520 vs. 560 dry in the article). The numbers they are showing would indicate the there's only about 40lbs difference between them. So we fill the Nytro with fuel, and it will weigh about the same as an Apex with a gallon or 2 in it (round numbers) - and it's still down 20hp. Maybe glad I went the way I did.....

#10 ·
With Yamahas, I've found you definitely have to 'dial them in' to your riding style and weight. On my RX-1, I did several adjustments to get it to how I wanted it. I will start doing that this year with the Attak after riding it last season.

#11 ·
That goes for any sled, really. I should also mention that I rode the FX Nytro on a little oval with a couple jumps on it and that day it was about 50 degrees. The snow was so soft that it just collapsed under your feet, so its safe to say that I wasnt riding in what I would call, "ideal conditions".
Id like the chance to try the FX Nytro when the temps are in the teens and on an actual trail before I start badmouthing the sled too much.
From the experience that I had though, I wasnt really impressed. The FX Nytro felt too much like a REV to me and Ive never been a fan of the REV.

#12 ·
Yeah, they are on the right track with that Nytro, but it needs a bigger tank. That's what happens when the sled mags weigh them wet....it encourages the factory to put on a smaller tank, so that they can look lighter. I don't care if it gets 16 mpg, a 7.4 gallon tank is not acceptable on a trail sled.

My vote goes for the Apex, until they put a real gas tank on the Nytro.[/b]

a company out west is working on a tank with more capacity for the Nytro btw

Check out TY Nytro forum

#13 ·
Voted for the apex but just for the look of the 40th anniversary edition. I love so much the withe look with the vinage style stickers that I plan to repaint my mountain Rx1 like it.

#17 ·
Well I voted the Apex we have a 07 Phazer FX the wife loves it so does the son I have not ridden it looks good though...I was going to buy a Apex then I got looking at the Nytro Fx I like it.... it is a little bit lighter then the Apex plus I'm getting older & I do not need all the speed...
the Nytro will still fly...

Rick :D

#19 ·
that is a great winter road sled...Bravo

Rick :D

#23 ·
I voted apex. 150HP 4cyl 4stroke sounds like fun...
Id be more likely to buy a phazer, IF they came with a normal windshield integrated into the hood, instead of the STUPID looking ones that bolt on. Come on yamaha....

Ill stick with my '95 Vmax600 for a few years i have a feeling...Then might look into a phazer GT or similar. Dont wanna move away from Yamaha, I like them! too many stories about ski-doos having problem after problem scared me away...Arctic cats seem to require constant rebuilding, Polaris....umm I dont know. Polaris actually still look like snowmobiles though, not as much like racing quads with skiis and track...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.