Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard rumors about an new apex model a little bit lighter and som more horses! Any other outhere who know anything?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Probably heard what you've already heard. That those in the know say that the Nytro is getting too close to the Apex in the HP department, and that at 150hp, there's quite a bit left on the table regarding potential for the 4 cylinder. I've seen guesses going anywhere from 160 - 180 for '09. We'll see I suppose....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven't heard anything about 09 but what you guys were syain that sounds great... i listened to a interview with a employee in japan for yamaha and he said that in 2011 everyone is gonna be blown away for what they are gonna produce so im courious to know what they are doing over in japan

·
Registered
526 Posts
I haven't heard anything about 09 but what you guys were syain that sounds great... i listened to a interview with a employee in japan for yamaha and he said that in 2011 everyone is gonna be blown away for what they are gonna produce so im courious to know what they are doing over in japan[/b]
:rolleyes: Thats a pretty boastfull comment for that Yamaha employee to make. How do they know what Polaris, Cat and Doo have in mind for 2011?
The Apex should be due for an update, but whats to say that Yamaha isnt planning to come out with a 100 hp sled to fill the gap between the Phazer and the Vector?
Can you say, "Exciter"? :whistling:
I could see Yamaha coming out with a factory turbo on the Apex, but how much MSRP can the market bear? I mean, Apexs are already $12,000 and with a turbo you can bet they would be $14,000.
With how iffy the winters are nowdays, who is honestly going to pay $14,000 for a sled???

·
Registered
496 Posts
Tube frame ,200 HP , three cylinder , single exhaust, one ply track, with a side order of SUPERCHARGERRRRRRRRRRRRRR. w00t w00t w00t

·
Registered
9 Posts
ya i kno im sure all the OEM's will come out with great new sleds its just the yamaha worker said that everyone will be blown away im not sayin polaris, skidoo,, or arctic cat wont blow anyone away... and your right a yamaha prolly will cost 14,000

·
Registered
496 Posts
I bought my Apex Rtx last year for $7800 and my buddy two days ago bought a new 06 ATtak fo $6999 . So were you came up with 12000 for a Apex . I almost bought a blizzard for 8000 instead ! The Dragon next to the skidoo was 9200 and my foot hit the chaincase when I stepped on it so that one was out of the ? .

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've heard Yamaha is getting 180 out of the R1 motor letting the RPMs hit 13k. I'd like to see that in the Apex; just a larger gear reduction.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ya i kno im sure all the OEM's will come out with great new sleds its just the yamaha worker said that everyone will be blown away im not sayin polaris, skidoo,, or arctic cat wont blow anyone away... and your right a yamaha prolly will cost 14,000[/b]
I paid $15000 for my Apex Mtn last year and an MC express turbo is around $8000 installed. If I could buy a turboed Apex for 14000 I'd do it in a heartbeat

·
Registered
496 Posts
I paid $15000 for my Apex Mtn last year and an MC express turbo is around $8000 installed. If I could buy a turboed Apex for 14000 I'd do it in a heartbeat[/b]
Does your walet hurt living on the yukon trail ! Come down on vacation next time you buy a sled to the lower forty eight or shop here.

http://www.portyamaha.com/new_vehicle_list...&DispType=0

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does your walet hurt living on the yukon trail ! Come down on vacation next time you buy a sled to the lower forty eight or shop here.

http://www.portyamaha.com/new_vehicle_list...&DispType=0[/b]
Man I could get used to being able to afford sleds at those prices. Problem is you hear the sroies about no warranty since it came from across the border. Still tempting at those prices and us with a real dollar finally. may have to keep it in mind. thanks

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I bought my Apex Rtx last year for $7800 and my buddy two days ago bought a new 06 ATtak fo $6999 . So were you came up with 12000 for a Apex . I almost bought a blizzard for 8000 instead ! The Dragon next to the skidoo was 9200 and my foot hit the chaincase when I stepped on it so that one was out of the ? .[/b]
Short track Apex's are 15-16 grand here, the most expensive sleds on the snow by far. You can get a Dragon 700 for less then 12.

Not saying they aren't nice sleds, just incredibly over priced. I really can't imagine Yamaha throwing a turbo or super charger on there. The MRSP would be astronomical.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Man I could get used to being able to afford sleds at those prices. Problem is you hear the sroies about no warranty since it came from across the border. Still tempting at those prices and us with a real dollar finally. may have to keep it in mind. thanks[/b]
I don't think you need to worry too much about warranty on a Yamaha. I have put about 20000 km on 2 different Yamahas that I bought brand new and have never had a warranty claim. I think the newer 4 strokes are pretty much trouble free. I would just buy a new non-current and make sure any updates (if any ) have been done. If you buy a new non-current in the states you can save 5 or 6 grand. Warranty is only 1 year so, I doubt you would have 5 or 6 grand worth of repairs in 1 year. Depending on how you ride you may have none. The motors and clutches are rock solid. The rest are small dollar items generally. Just my 2 cents. My next Yamaha will come from the states. It will be a new non-current. I am not concerned about warranty on a four stroke.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since They're into four strokes and fuel efficiency... How about Hybrid 4 Strokes? It would be about time...And it would be sweet. I'd like a sled that gets 25-30+ MPG wouldn't you?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts