Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one of these and sold it.  I think the suspention was way ahead of its time.  

Just wondering if anyone ever had one or seen one.  It was fast to.  It would beat a 340 jag.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
machzzzz1, you are right those were little sweethearts i think they were twins then were they not ?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a 294 twin.  I blew a piston and when i changed it i could not belive how small they were.  

But it was a great sled.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had a 73 294 and sold it this year.  Was a great sled that kids loved to ride.  With my daughter (11) drivng it that thing could fly.  I got a 81 Citation SS for them this year.  Really miss the sled, but with 8 other sleds something had to go.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yo machzzzz1 i had an old 294 also.  That was my first ride. It lasted a very long time.  It started breaking down vere since my bro blew a hole straght through the piston.  The latter i revved it up on the ice and it was done.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THey were one of the best vintage sleds.  

If you guys really apreciate riding a good vintage sled.  Go and find a 294 tnt silver bullit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
HEY Machzzzzzzzz,
I HAVE A 294 SILVER BULLET MOTOR SITTING ON MY GARAGE RIGHT NOW. IT HAS DUAL 'HL' CARBS ON IT AND I CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT IN AND GIVE IT A RIP. I ALSO HAVE THE SILVER BULLET IN THE GARAGE TOO BUT IT HAS BEEN SITTING IN A BARN FOR PROBABLY 15 YEARS AND WILL NEED RESTORING BEFORE I RUN IT. THE MOTOR STILL RUNS THOUGH. THE SLED WAS PUT AWAY BECAUSE OF A BLOWN TRACK AND WAS NEVER FIXED. I FINALLY FOUND A TRACK FOR IT SO HOPEFULLY THIS SUMMER I'LL GET AT IT.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think you'll find the carbs on the 294s are actually HR units.  The bore on the HLs were only about the size of a quarter. I've got a '67 Oly with an HL on the 247 single.  Talk about a small piston, take a look at the 250cc twin they used in the Elans for a while.  Or the small RVs (free airs).  The 295 blizzard triples are a masterpiece too!!

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts