Snowmobile World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I thought I'd try my luck here. It was in the single digits last Saturday and my son wanted to go for a ride for the first time this season. I had started the 3000f/c about a month ago but didn't ride it, it ran poorly but I figured it was the first start of the season. So Saturday I got it started but could barely keep it running and it didn't have much power, seemed as though it was running on one cylinder and every once in a while it would pep up. I stopped and pulled both plugs and sure enough the fan side had no spark. I made sure the wire heads were tight and tried again. Success. I went to ride and the same thing happened. I checked the plugs again and the opposite side was missing spark. I pulled a coil pack from a '79 2000 cat I also have and had the same missing spark on the opposite side. I figured the coil was ok and put the original back in and pulled the sled into the work shop. I didn't get around to it for 2 days. I pulled both plugs and had fire at both. I moved it outside and the thing was running crappy again, so back inside and there it sits. The question is, what do you guys think? I haven't cleaned the carb. I thought it was wierd that the opposide sides lost spark and then when I brought it in, both had spark. Could the CDI be intermittent? Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts