Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.  I totally rebuilt the ignition on my 340 rotax.  I replaced the Points, Condencers, Coils, plug wires, and plugs.  

I set up the engine on the stand to start.  It started first pull but would not rev up.  Im guessing it was only reving half its potential.  It sounded like it was only running on one spark plug but when i take the spark plugs out they both have a good very powerfull spark.  

Do you guys have anyides.  

My thinking is that

1.  Somehow maybe my igniton timing is off.
2.  Carb is way out of adjustment since its so hot outside.
3.  Carb is dirty and maybe a jet or needle is blocked.  (The carb was really dirty on the outside.

I dought its number two.  but the carb seems to be spitting out a lot of fuel when i give it full throttle.  Does this mean that it cant use all of the fuel im giving it.  

Im starting to run out of ideas.  

But I have another question.  When installing the condencers which isnt easy.  I installed one but later needed to spin it to get the wires lined up right.  When i spined it i sort of crushed it and maybe damaged it.  How sensitive are these condencers and can they still work with a dent in them.

Thank you.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The condensor may be the problem if you crushed it.  Condesers are made up thin tinfoil, paper and paste. If you crushed it there maybe an internal short circuit.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i did crush it.

How do you install them properly.  They are suppost to squeeze into the hole and they are two big.  I had to use a hammer to get them it which was very rough.

Please tell me what are the symptoms of a failed condenser.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts