Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the new sled is here, runs awesome for $100. Starts first pull. The 377 pulls it around OK.

Anyways, I seem to find a problem that when I hit deep snow it feels like it just wants to die out - almost like cutting back to 1 cyl. When I'm back on hard pack it works fine again, actually, its almost like it works better!

The Citation has big vents, which could lead to snow getting into some electrical components and causing this. I'm not sure.

What say thy????

·
Registered
10 Posts
So the new sled is here, runs awesome for $100. Starts first pull. The 377 pulls it around OK.

Anyways, I seem to find a problem that when I hit deep snow it feels like it just wants to die out - almost like cutting back to 1 cyl. When I'm back on hard pack it works fine again, actually, its almost like it works better!

The Citation has big vents, which could lead to snow getting into some electrical components and causing this. I'm not sure.

What say thy????[/b]
you could be taking in snow dust in the air box in which case you could melt your pistons down, not good. make sure it's in good shape or remove it completely and install muffs on the carbs

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could be taking in snow dust in the air box in which case you could melt your pistons down, not good. make sure it's in good shape or remove it completely and install muffs on the carbs[/b]

Hmm, so check to make sure the airbox is a) there b) letting snow get by.

Never thought of that. Good call.

·
Registered
50 Posts
"remove it completely and install muffs on the carbs"

I'm assuming you mean something like a uni filter or along taht line. If going that route be carefull. I installed them on my MX with the hopes of being able to go through the powder without bogging. Well they worked in that respect but water did find it's way into the carb and froze it up and I ended up taking out my mag side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts