Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to dump the fuel injection on my 96 650 RXL. Looking for reasonably priced, serviceble, set. Set from any older 650, Ultra, or XLT XP would be perfect, will consider others. Running now, but tired of wondering when, or where, it's going to quit.

Anyone have a loose set they would like to turn to cash?

AL
[email protected]

·
Registered
660 Posts
There is a trio of vm 38's on ebay right now from a 680 ultra spx. This is the proper carb body for the 650.
Nice project to do. Set it up with k&n filters and you will have a nive looking engine.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Madsledhead-
Could you give me a little guidance? I did a search, but had no luck.

Thanks,
AL

·
Registered
660 Posts
This is the item number:

Item # 1830484353

I did a search for polaris ultra to find it. There should be a way to search using this number.

As of right now, it is 5 days left and going price is $31.00 US.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Are you also changingthe igniton system on this sled? I fixed an old blown up rxl (91) once. I bought another parts engine as he had blown a hole in his case. I was told the stator were different for carbed and injected indys. Just a little note, I am not a polaris man but don't want to see anybody burn anything up (except my brother he-he). Kevin

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, madsledhead.
Sleddinfool, thanks for the heads up on the stator. I'm betting that the difference would be in the higher wattage demanded by the onboard battery that the carb version would not have.
We'll see. Maybe that extra, no longer needed, wattage could be used to update the wimpy lighting system....?

Thanks again guys,
AL

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey Mickahicks,

I've been looking for this post all day (hope the boss don't read this)

How did your conversion go - I just picked up a 91 RXL 650 for Nothin.

A little bit of a project, but chassis and plastic are mint. (and engine still runs - low compression on Mag side)

I figgured I would give it a full rebuild and convert to 38's at the same time.

Let me know how yours ended up.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wound up selling the sled in stock form as part of a major change in thinking regarding suspensions etc. I still believe that it would be a fun sled, but it would never have had chance against the newer sleds on the trail.

That motor though.......<G>

If you are planning on going the way I was, email me. Have a set of 38's from a 680, no cables, pump.

AL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts