Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Damon,I just got a deal on a rktek head frome an 02 mxz 800 but mine is a 01,they sould fit should they?(are they the same?)What baseline jetting should I start with?If there was one jet size you would put in and forget about what would it be?(I know I will check plug color and wash).will peak hp stay at 7800rpm?Anything more I should do with carb adjustment?

·
Registered
292 Posts
The jet I would put in and forget about it is a 430 main.  I still recomend you stay in touch for the upcoming testing.  There is a lean spot in the midrange and it shows more with the head.  It is at 6500rpm-7000 rpm or roughly 60 mph.  Actually the ignition curve is hot but it appears lean.  I am working very hard to find the correct needle to take care of the problem.  The way I got around it was to feather the throttle through that section.  I rode miles in that range but constantly changed the throttle setting.

GLH

·
Registered
292 Posts
Both heads are almost exactly the same producing the same power at the same rpm's.  The 02 ignition and pipe are different than the 01 which changes some things.  On the 01's we really saw performance gains but on the 02's we did not see as much even though they produced the same power.  The jetting is different between the 2 years as well.  To answer your question one head will work on either year.

GLH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts