Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father and I (and 24 others in our area) bought the new Bearcat 660s.Dad took his for a ride the other day and ran hot!!He lost all the coolant and had to chop a hole in the ice to get water for it.After investigating,he found 2 coolant leaks(one bad one)both of which he repaired on the spot.When he got home he gave her a good looking over and found another one waiting to happen.When I looked at mine I found the same situation,There is a hose clamp on the bottom where the hoses go back to the tunnel that was pressing into an adjacent hose.I managed to turn the clamp a little to eliminate the problem but I think the hose would have failed in a matter of hours.I hope this keeps someone from running into trouble

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Thats a clear sign of a poor dealer. Stuff like that should have been checked over.

When I first got my Mach I had a small coolent leak and all i needed to do to fix it was tighten the hose clamp on the exchanger. I told my dealer about it and he said that every sled that this one mechanic prepaird had little problems like that. He was since fired and probably works for your Arctic cat dealer now. :D

Tell your dealer, He will be happy to know about this.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
There is a recall on Cat's site for ATV's, but it's for front suspension
parts that have broken on certain models.

·
Registered
403 Posts
machzzzz1-actually that is Cats problem-that should have been caught during assembly, not in the final prep stage at the dealer-they shouldn't have to check stuff like that after the fact.

Cat has had alot of issues-stupid issues like that in the past that should never have happened.

If I were prepping a sled at the dealer, I wouldn't want to be checking little piddly stuff like that that should be good to begin with. :hallo1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts