Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I think that they will start a special race class for 4 strokes, but they won't start it for a couple years yet.  I think they will take the winners from the 4 stroke class and race them against the winners of the 2 stroke class.  As we speak, I think yamaha will actually win!  That's IF they have anyone racing for them!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Probably a open 1000 drag race class, for the Yammy and Cat 900 two stroke. There has been a past agreement to not have any stock class over 800. So yammy and arctic are on their own, as I doubt doo worry's about their v twin1000 for racing.

·
Registered
172 Posts
1 litre 4-strokes and bigger actually make quite a bit of power once you start throwing some boost at them, porting the heads, messing with the cam timing, especailly turning over at 14000 rpm.     and if you think about it, if you take a 4 stroke motorcycle engine and chop the heavy transmission off of it, that 4-stroke is not so heavy anymore.     I cannot see them doing very well for a couple more years, but sooner or later someone is going to race them. So i guess we'll see

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
What kind of racing.  Endurance racing maybe.  LOL.

It would be a league for older people.  The nice quiet, clean smell of a 4 stroke wont give them lung cancer.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have to say after hearing an RX-1 the idea of 4 stokes being quite is out the window.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts