Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm in the process of building up a 440 For my 1979 Exciter. I'm putting Boyesen reads in it along with boring it out. I have two questions. the first is has any body heard of a bender aftermarket exhaust for it? I know Aeen makes them and I've found few people i can order it through. Also, is their any other carb options to get it running better with the exhaust?? Such as the twin setup off an SRX or just changing out to an Mikuni of some sort? This thing ran alright when i parked it last season but she had a blown piston that was causing a heck of a racket when it was running. Any help would be apreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
dude...what suspension you got in that thing it looks great!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can put a Mikuni on it for better tunability. Aaen is probably the only company making an aftermarket for it. You may be able to get someone to build you a custom but it'll costya. I would also look into the clutching as that's where your biggest gains are gonna come from without hogging out the motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 78 exciter bored .20 ported & polished same as my intake,aaen pipe, k&N filter, boyessen 2 reeds dose almost 100 on the lake, never heard off bender and as of a twin set up like the SRX 440 no such thing , I've tryed to get carb kits from my yami dealer but they told me they don't make um anymore, good luck keep er going

1 - 7 of 7 Posts