1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
with the reverse ill say 100 to 105 , on the speedo

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had one of these sleds, I would not buy it for top speed. I was lucky to get the speedo over 105-110. The 500's and 600's could easily keep up with me and sometimes pass me.

Personally I was disappointed with this sled, you need to really tinker with the carbs and jetting to get it to run properly.

I went out and purchased a 2002 700 polaris with VES and it was like riding a sled with an extra 100cc's, 25% better mileage, handles better, and is much quicker out of the hole and top end.

This is not to say they can not run well but I like to keep the adjustments to a minimum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Willy 700 is right, I have a ridding buddy that has that sled and when new that sled was a turd. He added MCBP tuning kit and it finally made a difference. When stock, I spank that thing with a 600 Cat Twin. In radar runs on plowed track, 1000 foot, the best it managed that day was 91 or 92 miles per hour. My 600, at the time was 88-89 MPH. But, I will say that as for a plush ride, the thing is sweet. Kind of depends on what your looking for in a 700 class machine.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Buddy of mine has one and the ride is great but I have to agree that it was always running rough...he saw 100 on the speedo easy but ran bad at mid-range...just my 2 cents SWRules

1 - 6 of 6 Posts