Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it could be done by just swapping the top end of a 500cc with a 600cc motor, since the crank cases look identical between both sleds.

All comments are welcome.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fire Cat,

Looking at the factory specs they have the same carburation at 38mm a piece and exhaust system are identical too. I am wondering if it would be to costly to make the change over?

·
Registered
90 Posts
liquid600, if the carbs and pipe are the same, then why do they make horspower at different rpm's? 500>[email protected] and 600>[email protected] I know the cranks are the same, but what do you think would be the result if I was to bump my rpm to 8500 on my 600.? some people say that the 600 should be run at 8100.

·
Registered
139 Posts
numberone, just because the pipes and carbs are the same doesn't mean that they should make power at the same rpm, it is a different top end that is ported different.  you would probably loose performance if you tryed to bump your rpm up, because if your max HP is at 8100 then you would be making less power at 8500 meaning less pull. the best way to tune is to dyno you exact engine and find were it makes the most power, then clutch for that rpm, but this is most of the time impractical on a stock or close to stock machine.
liquid 600, If the pipes and the carbs are the same then all you would have to do is get the top end, rejet and reclutch.  I would try to find a used top end.  It would be worth it if your sled is in good condition.  Just make sure that the cylinder bolt pattern is the same and that the stroke is the same, but I think it is.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
you can also bore your cylinders out and get the piston kit for it. They did the project ZRT 800 here on this site and made it into a 1000. You can get the cylinders re-ni-calsild also. This site has a partnership with a great company. Email or message Corey/ Mebmaster, he'll give you the info.
Caleb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts