Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was summerizing my '02 500 Edge XCSP today and letting it run for about 10 minutes to let the "Stabil" I put in the tank circulate trough the carbs. Next thing i know is that the High Temp light came on and the over flow starts to drain antifreeze all over my garage floor!!!!!

I been hearing some bad things going on with the water bottle on some of the EDGE sleds. I did chekc to see if my heat exchangers were warm but they were cold.......I don't even think the coolant was circulating through the system.

I am thinking about giving my dealer a call tomorrow since it is still under warranty.

The sled fires right up on the first 2 pulls.........i don't think i did any internal damage.

If anyone has had this problem please leave me a message.

·
Registered
355 Posts
how warm was it (air temp)when you were doing this?? it may have been to warm out,when you got it hot it along with air temp,may have been too warm for it...just a thought.-INDY

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
if it boiled over but the exchangers were cold, it could be that the thermostat did not open...might want to check that.
Also, these sleds had problems with the coolant bottles and rad caps sealing.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I check with my dealer and they said to bring her in in the fall since it is still under warranty. I sure hope she is ok engine wise since the high temp light came on.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I brought in my 02 600 classic for an overheating problem.  They said the system was not bled properly.  Turns out it was the coolant bottle cap.  It was releasing too soon.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The dealer actually said it was ok after they  re-bled the system.  I took a trip the next weekend without testing it first and it overheated again right away.  I was pissed, but since I knew it was leaking out the overflow it had to be a thermostat or the cap was letting go too early.  A cap is cheap, so I tried a new one and haven't had any problems since.  (Knock on wood.)  By the way that dealer is Forest Lake Motorsports-Forest Lake, MN.  In case anyone was wondering.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The sled runs fine.  I think you'd have to run for quite a while with the temp light on in order to do damage.  Every time the light came on I always shut down right away.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Just figure out the problem before you go on any long trips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts