Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard what kind of power the 2003 mxz500 will be making. I am thinking of buying a new 500 sled next year and if next years mxz500 is anything like other years it might be time to jump ship. If skidoo can compete with the xc500edgeX I'll buy one, if not it might be time to change brands. I wish skidoo would bring back a 440 for consumer use. I had one of these before and it was an absolute riot to ride. I tried to get one last year and I was told the 440mxzx was for racers only. If someone knows of any improvements to next years mxz500 I would like to hear before I put my money down on a spring order.  

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't justify spending even more on a 600h.o. if the xc500 is going to beat them to. I've seen 500 xc's beat skidoo 600's by 4 or 5 sled lengths in 660ft!!!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I dont think a polaris 500 will beat the 600 HO.  And in all the races ive been two this year no 500 polaris beat a 600Skidoo.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
My 00 MXZ 500 totally rocked.I got 97 mph out of it and I go 245 lbs. Just because Pol. makes a little more horsepower doesn't always mean it will be faster......clutching,gearing,and how it gets power to the track that matters.If you want a Pol. buy one,but Doos 500s are top notch and very dependable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts